Exotic Gelato fem RDWC

@NYDon and @HapHazard - thought I would pull you guys into my thread :handshake:

@spyonyou Day 5 on 12/12 - I know they still look like a hot mess but I have been wacking the old fan leaves and they seem to reproduce like bunnies :sweat_smile: I think I can slowly cut all the fan leaves off on the lower 3rd of the pant - still taking 5-10 a day per pant? I am not sure yet but #1 may be looking more female :smiley:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Most excellent! I think your right about the female. May be still a little early to tell. Keep’em growin! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Excellent!! So far so good - appreciate the check-in! I love my Gorilla Glue #4 nugs I’m working on but ready for a variety.

1 Like

Looking good!

Following

2 Likes

Day 9 on 12/12 light schedule. Had to tie some main branches down just to get light to the middle of the plant. I like the shape of these - very even height thanks to topping… Plant 1 (not naming her until I know she is a her) is still very masculine looking but she is looking a little more sugar and spice each day.

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

Had a gender reveal party this week gents :handshake: My very masculine looking feminized plant was indeed a lovely late bloomer - she shot pistils. I’d like to introduce you to Juicy (anyone else enough of a degenerate to watch Lizard Lick Towing?) and Janet. They are really thick and bushy still but the main stocks are looking great and the second cut area is looking great too. The bottom 3rd of both plants are a wash - just can’t get enough light down there.
@**I am still just in the beginning infancy of flowers forming - can should I remove some of the little branches on the bottom 3rd as I continue to gradually thin out the fan leaves? Gonna be a good yield if I can bring them home. Day 41 since dropped in RDWC. PPMs, PH, RH, temps all looking good.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving, gents - I’m thankful for my ILGM brethren @Covertgrower @spyonyou @peachfuzz
Day 64. Been fighting circulation and light penetration through top canopy for last three weeks. Every time I thin them out - they “drop” more small shoots that have spiraled around the main stems from the topping. I will stick with one plant next time - I ended up whacking almost 1/4 of Janet (plant two in back) for light penetration. Not sure if it is the topping or the strain - but these ladies are thick. Now fighting the tops too close to the lights - tied them down and bent them a little. So far the light has not caused new bud growth - but it is speeding up the killing off of the fan leaves at top - they are canoeing most of light on time. Should I be worried about that? The buds themselves don’t seem to mind - just the fan leaves.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Likely too much light.
You can remove the fan leaves, they start to die off at this stage usually anyways.

2 Likes

Getting cool in my garage at night - getting some cool purple coloring the last few days.

6 Likes

Gents - this is when I could use some help. My last RDWC was really potent - but harsh. I want to do a better job of flushing and curing this time. Just finished week 8 of 12/12 light cycle. PPMs are at 1200 and I have not fed them in a week. The THC sac are turning already on some of the buds but a lot of white hairs left and the buds haven’t swollen yet. Should I cut feedings now? I think I have about 2 weeks left until harvest - I want to avoid couch lock with this Indica/Sat hybrid. Also - have any of you used a curing bag you like? I have used glass jars/burping but heard the bags take some of the curing errors out of the equation.

2 Likes

1 Like

Difficult to say exactly when plants are finished, but 2 weeks is a good guideline for flushing. In my opinion you’re on the edge of feeding still, and cutting them off. What’s the breeders estimate for finishing, in comparison with where you are in that timeframe?
@Myfriendis410 I think did a 2 week flush on his also. He can verify or correct me.

2 Likes

I don’t know what nutrient line you are running but I would prefer to have mine running around 800 ppm now and when you decide on a chop date I would run straight R/O with Florakleen while monitoring the TDS of the reservoir. Run Florakleen for 24 hours minimum then replace with straight R/O until harvest. I monitored the rez and when it dropped below 100 ppm I did my harvest. Chop plants down from darkness (I just turned lights off until I was ready).

I also am a big advocate of doing a bud wash in peroxide.

4 Likes

I think the recommended flower time was 9-12 weeks. I am surprised the PPM is not dropping faster with 8 days of straight R/O water. PH has been stable between 5.6 and 6.2. I think I might let them drop below and 1000 and see how long that takes before I decide if I should feed one more time. I bumped one hard by accident and could feel that they are getting denser by the day :handshake:

2 Likes

I’ve got some on hand and trying for the first time this grow. Appreciate the feedback - my PPMs started at 20 for baseline with R/O 20 gallon grow vessel and 10 gallon res. I’m using these - General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer Set, 1 pint (Pack of 3). Plus calmag, mammoth P. I’ve been running beneficial bacteria in it and think my PPMs may be staying high because of those even though I have not fed in 8 days? Is that possible - beneficial bacteria and fungi make it hard to know how much of PPMs are fertilizer vs ben bacteria/fingi?

2 Likes