Exotic Gelato fem RDWC

3 Likes

Likely too much light.
You can remove the fan leaves, they start to die off at this stage usually anyways.

2 Likes

Getting cool in my garage at night - getting some cool purple coloring the last few days.

6 Likes

Gents - this is when I could use some help. My last RDWC was really potent - but harsh. I want to do a better job of flushing and curing this time. Just finished week 8 of 12/12 light cycle. PPMs are at 1200 and I have not fed them in a week. The THC sac are turning already on some of the buds but a lot of white hairs left and the buds haven’t swollen yet. Should I cut feedings now? I think I have about 2 weeks left until harvest - I want to avoid couch lock with this Indica/Sat hybrid. Also - have any of you used a curing bag you like? I have used glass jars/burping but heard the bags take some of the curing errors out of the equation.

2 Likes

1 Like

Difficult to say exactly when plants are finished, but 2 weeks is a good guideline for flushing. In my opinion you’re on the edge of feeding still, and cutting them off. What’s the breeders estimate for finishing, in comparison with where you are in that timeframe?
@Myfriendis410 I think did a 2 week flush on his also. He can verify or correct me.

2 Likes

I don’t know what nutrient line you are running but I would prefer to have mine running around 800 ppm now and when you decide on a chop date I would run straight R/O with Florakleen while monitoring the TDS of the reservoir. Run Florakleen for 24 hours minimum then replace with straight R/O until harvest. I monitored the rez and when it dropped below 100 ppm I did my harvest. Chop plants down from darkness (I just turned lights off until I was ready).

I also am a big advocate of doing a bud wash in peroxide.

4 Likes

I think the recommended flower time was 9-12 weeks. I am surprised the PPM is not dropping faster with 8 days of straight R/O water. PH has been stable between 5.6 and 6.2. I think I might let them drop below and 1000 and see how long that takes before I decide if I should feed one more time. I bumped one hard by accident and could feel that they are getting denser by the day :handshake:

2 Likes

I’ve got some on hand and trying for the first time this grow. Appreciate the feedback - my PPMs started at 20 for baseline with R/O 20 gallon grow vessel and 10 gallon res. I’m using these - General Hydroponics Flora Grow, Bloom, Micro Combo Fertilizer Set, 1 pint (Pack of 3). Plus calmag, mammoth P. I’ve been running beneficial bacteria in it and think my PPMs may be staying high because of those even though I have not fed in 8 days? Is that possible - beneficial bacteria and fungi make it hard to know how much of PPMs are fertilizer vs ben bacteria/fingi?

2 Likes

Sacred, lol, but also trying this for a first time this harvest.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen what bacteria added contribute (I use Hydroguard) to the TDS but suspect it’s not much if any. The GH is good stuff though I would take peak flower at around 1,100 ppm. 800 ppm at this point in the grow as they are tapering off the nutes now.

What light and amount of light are you running in your space?

Flower looks mostly there but likely will bulk up over the next couple of weeks and throw foxtails. That is assuming you have plenty of light. If so; you can start tapering off the intensity as plants are not uptaking nutes to any degree right now.

4 Likes

Really appreciate the detailed response :handshake: I am running HLG 350R Diablo Quant Board and a 1000 Spider Farmer in a 5 x 5 x 6 wood grow cedar homemade box that I can keep open most of the lights on time in my garage and has several vent holes. I’ve got the HLG running at 75% 12 inches away from top colas (as far away as I can get in my box) and have struggled with too much light symptoms - canoeing during veg and early bloom. But the buds dont seem to mind - some of the sugar leaves fried a bit - but the buds seem to tolerate to solar vortex in there. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Excellent choice in lights.

I run similar although mine are diy. I try to keep my lights slammed down to around 6" from the canopy and SCROG to manage canopy height. I grew for years in SoCal with a homemade 4 X 6 X 6 grow box in the garage. SCROG is your huckleberry if you have space restraints:

That delivered 32 oz of flower for 3 plants in a 5 1/2 month RDWC grow.

4 Likes

Wow - nice set up :handshake: I just got the HLG and have been running it the last week - buds love it. I was running another one with samsung LEDS and meanwell driver - but it is no match for the HLG.

1 Like

81 days since drop. Waiting. :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Looking great!

1 Like

Thanks - appreciate it! And these are producing a really nice fruit aroma instead of skunk, kinda nice for a change :handshake:

2 Likes

Getting really close to harvest. PPMs are down to 400. Getting ready for the flush in the next couple of days. Trics are mostly cloudy - just waiting for poka dot amber ones to show up. A lot of white hairs on top but hairs in bud are red and receding…

2 Likes

3 Likes

1st cut on plant 1 is in the transhumidity bag for curing after 4 days hanging and drying at 45% RH and 70 degrees. I have never used transhumidity bags before but stumbled across a deal at my fav online cigar shop. The bags were 1/3 the price for the same bags targeted for curing. :handshake: Got the 2nd plant and second cut level of plant 1 still under lights… Here’s to a kick arse beginning to 2022 :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes