Exhausting outdoors vs indoors

I’m setting up an indoor tent, (second grow) and wondering if just exhaust through my Can 75 carbon filter directly into my room would contain the odor? Or do I need to cut a hole through the drywall into the attic and then through the roof and shingles? Don’t want the whole house smelling. Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

Exiting air to the room is fine, but some encounter temp issues doing so as the warm air is recirculated. I have to exhaust my tents outside of the house to mitigate temp.

1 Like

Personally I think exhausting outside is a better option. Even with a quality filter a trained nose will pick up smell exhausting inside. You never know who might knock on your door. If you could add a dryer vent to exhaust outside would work well.

1 Like

I put in a dryer vent from my basement to the outside,and there are plants and flowers around it.Looks like nothing special

1 Like

I live in northern Michigan, and thought maybe I could keep the door open to the room where the tent is, and help heat the house. I also have a window in the room I can use for mitigate heat, with cool outside air. Outside highs are currently in the 40’s F with night time temps below freezing. Going to get much colder as winter goes on.

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan ! also nice to be in a cannabis friendly state. I hope one day all 50 states will be on board. Good luck

1 Like

Sounds like we have the same set-up. Yeah certain flowers and plants can help cover a little odor exhausted. Butterfly bush has a pretty good aroma.

2 Likes

Ya,it helps,and my nearest neighbor is a mile away.That helps too.

1 Like

Wow mile away that’s what you call privacy. What state you located ?

1 Like

During the time of growth the plant is not too smelly, a carbon filter normally masks the odor of weed pretty good when ejecting indoor gasses. However, when flowering is in full swing it likely will smell pretty dank.
If you have access to a window, you can cut a hole out of a chunk of plywood or SM board and slap a dryer vent in it. Slip that in the window hole and close the window agaisnt it. Cut a stick just thenright length to bar the window from being opened. Its what I do. Anyways, locks and doors only keep innocent people out.

3 Likes

Let’s just say hemp is still illegal here.Seriously.They busted a truckload of hemp and charged the trucking company and the driver with trafficking. They later dropped the charges,fined the company and never returned hemp yet.Draconian.Right next to Oregon.

3 Likes

Well , reading between the lines that would have to be Idaho. I’m on the other side of the country and I’m still waiting for my state to get on board. Western NC

1 Like

I use a AC window exhaust kit for one of my tents and exhaust into the attic with another tent, too hot here to exhaust indoors and add more workload to the AC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R65112D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

I have family in Carolina on the Blue Ridge Parkway.Beautiful country.Smoked some good bud there in 74,got it from my cousin.

1 Like

Michigan allows 12 plants, as should every state.

3 Likes

Thanks Bro, I actually have one of those already from a roll around A/C unit.

1 Like

Some day we will have a decent governor I hope but the guy we have now definitely isn’t right for the position won’t even do something that 87 percent of the state supports the arrogance with some people smh :man_facepalming:t2: We will get there someday!

Sorry for politics haha I’m from the same state and it’s pretty aggravating!

2 Likes

It sure is.Good to know there are more of us out there!Be safe and good luck to us all!

1 Like