Exhaust options

Can someone tell me if this fan would be efficient in my 2x4x5? I had an off brand inline with 240cfm that got me by but its burned out. Looking to upgrade but not a lot in the budget currently leaving the door slightly open for air exchange. Also do not run a filter as I have no need for odor control

1 Like

Hi and welcome mate. You will be far better off with a smaller mixed flow or centrifugal fan. You only need about 100-120 cfm - but the fan needs to do that in a system - with pressure (duct, bends, filters). The axial fan you show here will choke. It does great flow - but at no pressure. You will kill it with a filter on it.

Hope that helps mate! :v: :sunglasses:

Edit: Look at Infinity S6 or T6 (or similar equivalent)

2 Likes

I ran a fan like this in my 2’x4’x5’ tent for quite a while. It’s not quiet, it’s not efficient power wise, but it worked (and still works).

If you’re on a budget this is fairly inexpensive.

1 Like

Best $36 I ever spent on Amazon right here… and took about five min to install in ceiling drywal. It’s a great solution when you don’t have to worry about odor image|666x500

1 Like

I looked at some similar to this. Would I need a filter for it to function correctly? I’m not sure I understand how these work differently than the one I posted the pic of

1 Like

The one you posted is an in-line booster. Not nearly enough torque.

The one I posted, and the ones others posted, fit at the beginning or end of the run.

It only needs a filter to remove odor.

2 Likes

That makes more sense. I get it now thanks

1 Like

So this one is comparable to the one you suggested yay?..it saves me a few bucks. If it lasts a grow or two I can upgrade later when funds are more available

I cannot attest to the quality or longevity, but it does look like it’ll work.

1 Like