Exhaust noob question

Hello there,
I would like to ask about whether it is a problem to exhaust in the same room the grow tent is in. I am planning on growing my own cannabis in a 3x3 tent in a storage area. I would really appreciate any responses or advices.

3 Likes

It depends on a couple things. First smell, will it be a problem for the smell of cannabis to be in space, if so you definitely need a carbon filter. Next issue is does storage area have ventilation if not then you’ll be recycling same air right back into tent. Which isn’t good for a lot of reasons. Welcome to ILGM forum.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response.

One more question. If I would keep the door open in order for the air to go to other rooms, then do you think that It would be ok?

Welcome to the community. Personally I would try to exhaust too hot stale air outside. The room Would be used as a lung Room to pull fresh air from. Also, you can control temperature and humidity Inside room to satisfy What you need inside tent. Good luck.

4 Likes

Ideally you would want to do what @kellydans said. Exhausting out of is best. But you definitely need to have air coming in from rooms that have human occupants so that the co2 can be pulled inside tent and used by plants.

3 Likes

I’m lucky… My new house is one giant open area so my lung room is my kitchen, living room and bedroom upstairs which is a loft so it doesn’t hurt me. It really depends on several things as @Bulldognuts said. If your room collects stag air you’d want to address that.

2 Likes

Essentially what you are trying to do is simulate outdoors. So everything has to be provided by you. CO2 is naturally around 450 ppm’s outdoors. So if you have tent in enclosed area with no ventilation, plants will be starved of co2.

2 Likes

I just started exhausting my tents to the attic. My grow room is small and the tents take up most of the sq. footage in the room, so the whole room was getting hot. I reduced the temps in my flowering tent by 6 to 8 degrees when it was done. I connected my exhausts to the attic door like so —

4 Likes

I exhaust one tent into the attic and another tent out a window using a AC exhaust window kit.

4 Likes