Exhaust inline fan

This is what I am moving up to. Next for air and humidity control. $ inch could not cool my tent down. Plants suffered with light and sort of dense buds. Smoke is good. But don’t want to run into this again. Going to use 4 inch as intake fan. Then the 8 inch as exhaust . Any feeds back would be a help. Thanks Also can I put my carbon filter outside the tent.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T8, Quiet 8” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller - Ventilation Exhaust Fan for Heating Cooling Booster, Grow Tents, Hydroponics
+
AC Infinity Air Carbon Filter 8" with Premium Australian Virgin Charcoal, for Inline Duct Fan, Odor Control, Hydroponics, Grow Rooms
+
AC Infinity Flexible 8-Inch Aluminum Ducting, Heavy-Duty Four-Layer Protection, 25-Feet Long for Heating Cooling Ventilation and Exhaust
Total price: $308.98
Add all three to Cart
Add all three to List
Buy the selected items together

This item:AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T8, Quiet 8” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller… $199.00

AC Infinity Air Carbon Filter 8" with Premium Australian Virgin Charcoal, for Inline Duct Fan, Odor… $79.99

AC Infinity Flexible 8-Inch Aluminum Ducting, Heavy-Duty Four-Layer Protection, 25-Feet Long for… $29.99

You might have negative pressure . (I think that’s the term). But basically If you exhausting with an 8” and only intaking with 4”. It may make the tent walls suck in.

1 Like

That’s true. I can just use the 8 inch exhaust put regular fans by vents. I have a small tent I will use the 4 inch in for exhaust. Thanks for the input.

I have almost the same setup except my infinity is 6" which I use for exhaust and a 4" I power as intake. I put a Y on the end of my 4 to split the air hung it with a ratchet rope to adjust it, to blow over my two lights for cooling. The 6 is hanging above with filter going straight out. Both have speed controls and I adj em as needed. Here’s a pic from when I was setting it up a couple months ago there’s only one light hanging but you can see what I did with the 4 to cool both lights

1 Like

@seandog How small is your tent? I have a 2x4 and I don’t need an intake fan, I just have 2 6 inch openings with netting. I use a 6 inch fan to exhaust. I really don’t have a heat issue with T5 I’m using in this tent. I was wondering if you need a 4 inch exhaust if you have a small tent? That’s all.
@MeEasy Nice set up. I’m thinking about moving up in tent size. Some people use intake fans, some don’t. In a 4x4 is an intake fan definitely needed?

I am in a 4x4.

1 Like

Dimmer or timer on your plug in the back?

I dont get what you mean…sorry…lol

At the top what is that knob for?

I don’t think you need an intake fan but I had the 4 inch already and thought with a Y on it it would work bringing cool air from outside the tent in to cool my lights. I run the 4 on low and my 6 on three and it keeps the tent nice for now but it’s winter time we’ll see what happens in the summer

1 Like

it’s a mechanical timer it was working great until yesterday for some reason the dial got stuck i can’t even turn it by hand. The strip is or was nice one side is always on the other side works on the timer or again worked lol. I emailed em to replace it but I’ve had it for two months now so we’ll see what they do

1 Like

Ah that’s pretty neat I never thought to get it in one

I had a smaller one that I’m using again now that just has two plugs both are on the timer. They have nicer ones that are digital programmable for like a week i think. These mechanical ones you just set the time or times you want it on or off and it will turn it on and off the same every day

@MeEasy Thanks. I appreciate your response. Got it. Nice set up, I’m moving up here soon and was wondering if I needed the intake. We’ll see how the tent works in the room.
Thanks again