Exhaust fan size question unordinary

Have a 4x4x80" tent. I know a 6" fan is called for. My tent is in a small approx 12’x14’ room. There’s one window which I’m going to black out 100%. I’m using a window ac for temp control and the room is heated in the winter. Ultimately I will end up with two hlg led lights in the tent. I know I can mount the electrics outside the tent if needed. So if room temp is controlled can I get away with a 4" exhaust fan to the outside? Cash is really tight. Or is a 6" a must? Going with ac infinity.

I would definitely go with the 6. The ac infinity 4” wasn’t strong enough for a 2x2 I had. If you go with the ac infinity s6 instead of the t6, you’ll save $40. You won’t have a digital controller but it still has a good adjustable controller.

3 Likes

Thanks. I think I knew better lol. Cutting corners always cost twice as much in the end!:upside_down_face::+1:

This exactly what I was thinking when I read. I have t4 and s6, t4 is sitting in box and I wouldn’t buy another t model if the 6" fan I have takes a dump. If you wanted automated control, I would go with hyperfan anyway. The hyperfan controller allows you to set minimum fan speed and then will ramp up/down from there. But no matter what temp is fan will maintain that minimum speed to keep at least a little air moving.

3 Likes

Yeah, but the T controller with temp/humidity display sure looks nice velcro’d to the front of the tent. I have a T6, S6, and a T4.

2 Likes

It does look nice. It’s coolest looking most useless piece of growing equipment I own lol. I say that, also having their digital usb fan controller. It’s also pretty useless too, but I will use it. Unlike my cloudline temp/humidity controller.

Was only had 1 time though. I have t4, s4, and s6. Something I kinda picked up along the way, they are on their third generation of controllers in as many years. The first generation is already obsolete and they don’t have replacements. Otherwise, absolutely love their products.

3 Likes

Yep, cool but useless, got T6 first, then S6, and only got the the T4 because the S4 was out of stock at the time and needed a good 4 inch fan in a hurry.

2 Likes