Exhaust fan for 2x2x5.5' 135w qb led grow

Mine is older too, sorry.

2 Likes

All good we are getting somewhere at least. Im about to hit up support and show them this thread as some documentation of the issue. Thanks @dbrn32 and @Hogmaster

3 Likes

The first one I ordered came in the box didnā€™t work at all they were awesome at replacing it great customer service

3 Likes

Ok @SoLo304 I got a little further. I found the manual for the old model online. Took some screenshots. Looks like what we are hoping for was either the Auto mode with variation buffer, or Smart mode, neither of which our new units have. That allows for what you guys are describing @dbrn32 @Hogmaster

Im guessing they added the Humidity feature and cut costs and removed those extra modes.

I might return this and get the S4 if all im getting is a fancy screen, and still have to run it manually. I already have the SensorPush anyway, and can manually adjust speed as conditions demand.

2 Likes

@Ilovereggae youā€™ve been busy, I just caught up on the thread after some needed :sleeping:. But yeah, I felt like it was a fan with a pretty digital screen to see. The actual fan itself, I would buy again.
Iā€™d break the fan down to see the hardware, you usually only let the smoke out once:joy:. But at this point Iā€™m focused on my first grow, still have alot of learning ahead. Let me know how it goes with AC infinity, Iā€™ll contact them as well. See if we can just get an updated controller.

1 Like

Sorry you guys are having these issues. I knew that there was some changes, but didnā€™t have hands on experience with newer model. Hopefully all works out.

For what its worth, I also have hyperfan. Pretty much the same thing as far as fan design. But none of the fancy features. There is a separate temp/speed controller but itā€™s about $80-90.

1 Like

All good I am happy with it overall. Just sucks they took that feature away. Fwiw, the box it was sent in says model AI-CLT4 and lists Smart Control as a featureā€¦

But definitely doesnt say that in the new manualā€¦

Just saw they are based in LA so hopefully I can figure this out quickly.

2 Likes

I hope so too!

1 Like

@SoLo304 @dbrn32 just heard back from AC Infinity:

"ā€¦Thank you for reaching out to us!

The actual mode that you are describing sounds like SMART mode and not AUTO mode. The newer generation controllers with the humidity triggers actually no longer has a SMART mode so itā€™s not something that you would be achieve to do through that controller.

For the present generation controllers, there is no SMART mode and AUTO mode will gradually ramp the fan speeds up until it gets to the maximum speedā€¦"

I asked them if it was possible to swap out my fan for the older gen, and if not that I wanted to replace it with an S4 and save my $30 or whatever.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this @Ilovereggae this was extremely helpful. I have a better understanding how yours works compared to how my older generation works. Itā€™s a shame they changed for the not so great. I love my fan, but I can see why you were frustrated with yours now.

1 Like

Overall the fan is great and even quieter than I expected it to be. It just sucks that I spent so much on a fancy controller when I could have gotten a similar fan design for 1/2 the price elsewhere. Hope they are listening and do something to resolve it.

1 Like

I assure you that if companies are getting an email from unsatisfied customers they want to stay in business. If itā€™s a change in software, itā€™s a much safer solution than losing customers long term. :wink: @Ilovereggae

2 Likes

Fingers crossed. They said they had a few of the old model in stock and were going to try to swap it for me. Waiting on confirmation!

2 Likes

Awesome customer service. Replacement 1st gen T4 on the way!

@SoLo304 might be worth trying on yours too, they did ask for my purchase date tho and said it needed to be fairly recent to qualify. Since mine was only a few weeks old it went smooth for me.

1 Like

Thanks for that update @Ilovereggae. I havenā€™t had a chance to contact them yet, I got some malware on my phone (old phone now) which stole my credit card info and started making purchases, so Iā€™ve been busy cleaning up that mess and changing passwords to every account I can think of.
Iā€™ll contact them and ask for the older model, seems like the older ones work how we would prefer. Thanks

1 Like

@Ilovereggae AC infinity sent me the older model controller at no cost, let me keep the newer one as well, which was the 2nd of the new version that was also acting up with fan fault alarms. Great customer service, no complaints there. I havenā€™t swapped it out yet but wanting to see how itā€™s been working for you, does it work +1 speed for ever deg above setpoints? I ended up buying a 2nd 6" AC infinity fan S6, so having the 2 fan controller option is awesome. I have 1 as an intake and the other as exhaust. I have them Tā€™d to 2 tents(3ā€™Ć—3ā€™Ć—6 each). I MIGHT be on the borderline low end perfered CFM exchange with this setup but Iā€™m able to maintain temps inside, so it working for me right now.
Only thing I didnt like was the controller inputs are on the back versus the bottom like the newer controller. I guess thatā€™s why I havenā€™t rushed to swap it out yet.

1 Like

Hey @SoLo304 so had the same great customer service experiences, except in my case 2 attempts to replace my controller w a Gen 1 failed. The units they sent powered on, got readings from the probe, was able to go thru the menus, but neither one would actually power the fan ;(

I kinda gave up. The fan itself works fine, and i dont find myself needing to change the speed much. I also am kind of attached to having the giant led readout w temps and humidity that I can see from across the room.

I got an Airplate S4 as exhaust for my Veg exhaust but its not quite powerful enough. I think im gonna use this for intake instead. I am going to try the S6 airplate before i buy another Cloudline.

1 Like

Guess Iā€™ll leave what i have until they really break versus having to change it out twice. I ended up adding a filter to the intake (bottom unit) to create the negative I needed on the tents to compenstate for carbon filters. Thanks for the feedback

3 Likes

hey @SoLo304 I just figured out why the gen 1 controllers they sent me donā€™t work with the newer fans we have.

So I emailed AC Infinity bc I decided to get another Cloudline S4 fan for my veg tent since the Hurricane zip tied to the exhaust port isnā€™t doing the trick, and itā€™s winter now. I was hoping that one of the old controllers they sent me would work with that. They replied it would, but I would need to find a gen 1 version of the fan bc those controllers are 12v, and the newer generation of fans/controllers is 24v. I just got a chance to look, and both of the older controllers they sent me are 12v! DOH.

I think I would rather have the newer 24v version of the fan than use an older one just to get a speed controller with a screen, so my decision is pretty easy. But if anyone out there has an older model of the AC Infinity Cloudline S4 fan and needs a controller(s) for it, I would be happy to pass them along.

Decided to skip buying another fan and use @SoLo304ā€™s method of using one fan to exhaust both tents. I bought a wye branch duct connector and its working great. Still have negative pressure on flower tent, as well as the same on the veg tent at fan speed 4, which is still silent operation. Need to hit hardware store for some nicer ducting and will post pics once its all professional looking.

1 Like