Exhale co2 bags questions

bags made a noticeable difference…during veg. none during flower

2 Likes

While I don’t disagree with the opinions above I want to point out a couple things.

There are many variables, no one here has done a controlled experiment.
I recently just purchased an exhale XL bag for my two plants in my shed, it doesn’t have a dedicated intake/exhaust just a poorly sealed wood frame door. The exhale bag will make my grow work for the next two months of flower and that’s ideal for me.

The exhaust fan in a normal tent setup would have to be well controlled because if it’s running 24/7 you won’t allow that co2 to be used before being sucked out of the tent I think.

Ultimately you need a co2 meter to read the co2 in the tent over a grow with and without one.
They bags work or they wouldn’t make them, and there are just as many good reports as bad reports so it depends on the environment.

That being said in a normal tent with a dedicated intake or exhaust I wouldnt waste your money,if you want co2 then get a bottle setup much cheaper and efficient long run.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I do have the exhale xl bag already was bought for me. No waste on me. Lol. I do have to say that the plants do seem to be happier with the bag in the room. Especially that i have the exhaust off and door closed with just fresh air blowing upon the bag on the floor as the bag says for exhausted rooms. Except i keep exhaust off and close it up for a bit at a time then open it up. Give it time to soak up what ot can without killing them off. Otherwise its being blown thru the by intake. Says it should stick under leaves to be absorbed

1 Like

You can make your own co2 thatll last about a week and like 2 bucks to make. Similar ti kaking wine. U can get dry active yeast in the baking isle. Use one packet 2 cups of sugar and warm water in a gallon jug. I been reading anout it and works ok if u really need co2

1 Like

Only issue I see with yeast and sugar is gnats. I’ve made wine and brandy for years and I can guarantee it will bring gnats. Why in bubblers use to pour ever clear in them to keep the gnats out… Thought about making one of those for the heck of it since I like making things but hate gnats so I didn’t :rofl::joy:

1 Like

The bags last month’s, they are sealed to avoid bugs as well.

I think the reason these have mixed reviews is there are many variables that can make a novice grower think they don’t work.

First off your exhaust fan has to be on a controller so it’s not constantly blowing out the co2.
Secondly the grow has to be optional, lights, nutrients, VPD etc.
I think I’m just getting to that point and thus I’m going to try these XL bags in my setup.
I had a recent mistake so I’m going to be dropping beans in a little less than two weeks.

2 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed using the exhale bags from almost the start of my growing 2 years ago is that being in the basement even though it’s not a sealed environment any C02 that is vented out of the tent goes into another room in the basement and the C02 doesn’t rise but sinks so it’s not being lost just circulating down under in the basement and ends up being drawn back into my two grow rooms and then some into the tents passive air intake vents.
My levels are between 550 up to around 850 or so depending on how many plants are growing and how big they are and stages.
Just got two new XL bags hung a couple days ago because my old ones were pretty much done and have noticed levels increasing.
For $80 every 5-6 months to me they are worth it.

Keep those cannabinoid systems fed everyone

2 Likes

Seems like some don’t like those but actually my opinion it can’t hurt. I see a lot running co2 only run it like the first 3 weeks of flower and then some cut it lower after then first 3 weeks because they say makes the buds not as dense… So everyone has there own opinion on this. I’m making another veg room soon gonna try two bags out in that room for the hell of it see what it does to my girls…Have the set up for flower room just need a 100 gallon tank do the the size of my room. Anyways don’t see any harm what so ever with those bags mostly in a tent size grow. we will see!

U have to either have a airlock on the top or a balloon with a pin hole on top so gas can escape so no issues with gnats

1 Like

Haven’t really researched those bags yet just from what others here have said but regarding air locks to keep gnats out? I take it your talking about making a sugar, water and yeast ? If that’s the case only thing a air lock does is release the gases but still attracts gnats just keeps them out of your bucket but the attraction of gnats still are present. Made tons of wine, whiskey, brandy not once ever have I had zero gnats and why I always used ever clear in bubblers ( air lock )…Everclear works the best :grimacing:

2 Likes

Not sure what’s in those bags Apple,I read something once about mushrooms or something I really don’t know…:man_facepalming:

I never had an issue with gnats and ive made wine alot too and yes those exhale bags are mushrooms. I can try makin my own. Im cheap so if u can find a way to create my own and save money i will lol

3 Likes

Also if you use worm castings with ur soil mix it keeps gnats completely away. They hate worm casting. I always buy a bag and mix it with perlite then mix that with my soil mix

2 Likes

Well your very lucky on the gnats. Everclear tip worked great. Those little bastards come out from someplace lol And I order my worm castings out of Wisconsin and always use it in my mix. Gnats seem easy to get rid of only issue I’ve had was with whiteflies pain in the butt. And ok on being cheap :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Nice. I had one time where i bought a bag of organic soil and it was full of gnats but like i said, i mix in castings and they eventually disappeared. Sucks u been havin a issue with em. What state u in?

Grow is in Michigan I live in Indiana

1 Like

And yes sugar yeast and water

Oh ok. Im in texas, the most against cannabis state in the US :expressionless:

1 Like

Hell where I live they don’t even like hemp lol they have hemp operations here now but gov thinks hemp is a drug so I’m clear on not being weed friendly

1 Like

Makes no sense to me that half the states can legalize it. Y not just make it federally legal like Canada. I much rather have a bunch or pot heads roaming the streets than annoying drunks

1 Like