Excited newbie here! 4x4 indoor

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you are not sure, just bring it to our attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? —4x4 vivosun
  2. Otigin of seeds? —All ILGM fem Sour D, Bubble Gum and AK 47
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? —Oops feminized
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? —Tap water? I have questions here… I do have a ph and even/tds meters
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? —Is this for nutrients?
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. —I have Fox Farm CocoLoco And Fox Farm OceanForest… I also have perilite and worm castings and some Nature’s Living soil
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. —I have NL Girl Flower Power, but am currently getting the fox farm
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? —VS4000 full spectrum LED
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? N/A but I turned on the light for a few minutes and got 82 nothing else running
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night? N/A testing humidifier tom
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? I have a humidifier and dehumidifier if needed
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? — 6” in-line duct vent fan and filter
  13. Co2 Yes / No? —?
  14. How long have you been growing? I’ve never grown anything, ever lol
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? Well it seems to be sliding lol
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey
— So this is what I have now what do I do with it? Lol I have been feeling confident as I’ve been researching and buying… but now as the pieces are coming together… I’m suddenly nervous I guess… ok to start I have the 3 different seeds… is it wise to start just one strand first time? And which? How many should I shoot for? 4? And I have a lot of these good seeds left over either way what’s the best way to preserve them? I’m thinking mixing the coco loco and ocean forest for the seeds in clear solo cups? Size? And do I need the red ones outside also? Then transplant to 7 gal with the natures living soil mix in the bottom as it says then the OF and CL oh yeah and the perilite and castings… probably just mix those and use for the seeds also? Now watering… how do I go about mixing and feeding… get 5 gal buckets to mix in? Separate for nutrients and watering? Keep a lid on it to keep temp for a day? The seedlings just mist spray or little dropper? Oh shoot one more how do I light the seedlings? Ok I think I’ve asked enough questions for one day lol… I know I have a ton more but this seems like a very helpful and wonderful community!! I’m just anxious lol I want to get started but I do not want to rush hastily and have problems later

Olaf wanted to help set up summer light :crazy_face:

23 Likes

I will start off With your 4 x 4 space I would use a 6" exhaust fan. You should be able to run it on medium speed. Welcome to the community !

11 Likes

So the one I have is for intake and then I need an exhaust with carbon filter also? I had a feeling something was missing but thought that was the exhaust and I use fans for air but I also didn’t get that out of the box last night

10 Likes

That’s a good fan an filter, you can use that for exhaust fan if you like.

5 Likes

When u do ur seeds use happy frog with worm castings this will give them food with out burning them ,ocean Forest can be to hot so ur best off with happy frog mixed with worm castings

4 Likes

Nice fan and filter, you’ll definitely want to set that one up outside your tent. As an option for an inexpensive intake fan… I use inline duct fans, a 6” will run you about $25-$30 bucks :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Yes all posted above right on, OG had the best plan much cheaper to buy one intake fan then a while other in-line set up. All your equipment looks good. 1 things will not need carbon filter tell later in grow so do not need to put on now, but looking good can’t wait tell you have that space filled good luck

4 Likes

This is what I heard also thanks… I also read that about the worm casting… like making a bed of it for the seedling? I mean I was planning on mixing with the FF and perilite and castings then a casting bed in the solo cup if that makes sense.

1 Like

Yah thats what mean aswell is to mix perlite and happy frog and worm castings

As someone pretty new to growing weed, first I agree with everything above. I would suggest not more than 4 plants and of the same strain. The desire for multiple strains to smoke ASAP should be weighed against complicating nutrient feeding and light heights and levels and even nets or screens in the tent. I tried 4 different strains on my first run and lucky for me 2 of them were males and got removed. That left me with 2 strains and the one plant that was different got the same feed as the majority did. It suffered from that and I took clones off that plant and it’s clones did much better under a slightly different regime. Seems like you are fairly well set up and if you want to ask someone a question hit the @SnkeyezCobra button and their name like I did yours and they should get notified (in case you didn’t know). Lot’s of smart people here, good luck!

2 Likes

The Dude abides!

1 Like

Ok so I’m anxious and figured might as well start I have a long way to go anyway lol… tap water in some cups decided to go all four the same and chose the AK’s… realized I still need ph up and down oops but figured I can get that tom before it’s needed… and we’re off to the races!!

2 Likes

What temp and humidity do I want to get the tent at for when I plant them? Then light 24/7 til they pop?

2 Likes

Any visual of what you are talking about? Lol I understand and like this idea but I like to see practical application… I’m a visual learner lol

2 Likes

Welcome aboard. I am here to watch. I am soil but knowledge is powa. I think photo was the way to go. A lot of stress goes away knowing if fix an issue can add a month to veg back. Happy farming.

2 Likes

I try to keep my seedlings above 72 and preferably around 78 degrees, RH should be up around 60% if possible but most can’t do that in February. I would worry more about temps than humidity at first. I am learning in coco but there are lots of soil folks around. I keep lights on 24/7 until I see the second set of true leaves just starting to appear, and I only do that because that’s how we always did tomato starts. Actually now that I think about it if I were you, I would start reading “hellraiser grows gorilla glue” journal on this forum. At this point it’s kind of like reading the old testament but there is a lot of good info for a soil grower in there. Just use the search button, I don’t know how to make links for things.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks everyone!! That’s funny I just was reading @Hellraiser grows gorilla glue and other stuff haha got through the first 1000 threads… definitely some awesome stuff there!! And his rh is at like 20 something I think at the beginning anyway but I do have a humidifier I can use

3 Likes

Using as an intake fan :joy:

4 Likes

Perfect :+1: thanks… so both go outside of the tent? Is there any particular way I need to do that or just pick a hole and run the ductwork to the appropriate fan? Next possibly dumb question is do I have to run the exhaust outside somehow? Is there a way to exhaust it inside? It is in the basement

1 Like

I find a low intake port for the incoming fresh air and place the exhaust fan in the tent and exhaust that to the carbon filter outside the tent. Yes you can let the tent exhaust in your basement. The basement is basically your lung room, my garage is my lung room and I exhaust both tents back into the garage. This helps in the winter, in the summer it can get a little difficult to control temps but manageable :love_you_gesture: