Excited first Time grower

Hello Everyone,
Wow, I am so amazed by all the information here and how nice every one is.
Anyway, this is my first ever grow and already have my first 4 seeds growing.

Day 1 - seeds arrived 3 July 2020 (Afghani and Gold Leaf) 2 of A and 2 GL placed in water.
Day 2 - 4 seeds alive and sprouted 4 July 2020. Placed in paper towel.
Day 6 - seeds placed in jiffy pots and placed under lights.

Now day 10 and finally got my first leaves. Exciting stuff.

My setup as follows : 900mm X 900mm X 2m grow tent
Lights Starlight 4 X 55W MH

I am in the process of getting new lights and will let you all know how it goes.
Got my new exhaust fan setup today and not sure how to set it up correctly, any advice much appreciated.
I will do my best to keep updating my first grow post. Please feel free to give my any advice for a magic grow.

Cheers

9 Likes

Thought I would show you all my new lights that are on there way. Unable to afford full spectrum lights.
I hope these will be ok.

Cheersnew grow lights light specs

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum and be careful with that light inside your tent, it is going to be pretty hot. Make sure you have ample exhaust and air intake.

Hello Nickknowsfunny,

I have an exhaust fan but not sure how it goes. I will try to work it out myself. Thank you for your advice my friend. Happy growing

cheers

Post pictures once you get it all setup and I can probably help ya out some. That light is ok but save up for some HLG.

What kind of fan? , hook to top vent in tent to pull hot air from top of tent

1 Like

that sure looks like a lot of water for seedlings. be careful

3 Likes

Hello Tinman,

Thank you for your help. The fan system is a 4" exhaust fan kit as per picture.

I will try tomorrow to install it. Thanks again

Cheers

Hello pptrsha1,

You help is much appreciated. After doing more reading on here, I will make some adjustments and not add any water until the are a little more dry.
Thank you for your advice.

cheers

1 Like

hey i killed my first grow in 7 days. i try to not do the same dumb stuff more than once or twice. good luck on your grow yay weed!

3 Likes

I am hoping that I do not kill them. they seem fine at the mo and will keep you updated

Cheers

I would definitely let those seedlings dry out. They look way too wet. Like @pptrsha1 said, let them dry before you water. For the next two weeks, I would only spray one or two squirts of water on those babies only when they dry out.

1 Like

Hello, your advice is gold to me. Thank you for helping. no water for a few days.

cheers

1 Like

yep i call it loving them to death

2 Likes

if you need help just do an @ sign and click some names. everybody on here is so nice. they always try and help

3 Likes

be very careful with those bulbs, do NOT spray any water near them as they will explode! Do NOT let your hair touch them as your hair will explode… into flames!
Yeah it will vrow some dope, but heat is gonna be an issue for sure. Best if you can find an enclosed vent through hood for that type of light. The open fixture is better suited for a larger grow room where the room can eat up the heat a bit better. They tend to roast a small enclosure.

4 Likes

Hello Cannabian,
As a first timer, your help is much appreciated. Last thing I need is a fire or worse. Ok i decided to return lights as per my post and am considering these.new lights full spec light specs
Would these be better?

cheers

3 Likes

much appreciated man.

cheers

Once things are setup i will post some pics Tinman.
thanks for your help.

cheers

1 Like

Day 8

After a long wait I was worried they would not survive. also I let them dry out some as they were to wet.
My currents lights are about 8" from plants. Hope this is correct. Thanks to all for helping out and I am looking forward to keeping everyone up to date as per my new grow.
Cheers

4 Likes