Excellent and Reputable LED Manufacturers

Ah, I think I understand better now. So you’re saying that if a light gave off 1000 umol/s over 2 square meters, it would give 500umol/s over each square meter as an average in the space itself, and not necessarily all of that light would reach the canopy of the plant.

1 Like

Kinda I guess. If you’re growing in a tent or similar environment and not being a jackass just about all of it would.

I wasnt being a jackass, that was a legitimate statement, I apologize if I came across that way.

1 Like

No no, I meant in general lol. Like just doing stuff that didn’t make sense.

Ohhh my bad! It is true I come across as a jackass at times though haha! But I gotcha now, Im tired too so it doesnt help either

1 Like

Nah, you’re good. I was at lack of words when I posted. You see some head scratchers sometimes is all.

Ill try and find a better way to phrase it tomorrow

1 Like

And thanks for all the help tonight, it was very generous of ya!

1 Like

I dont mind, that’s why I’m here. And there’s no reason for you to change anything. I should’ve typed “if you’re using your light properly” or something like that.

Well no I meant in reference to it being a head scratcher, I suck at explaining and asking things clearly. What I should have asked is does that math for calculating ppfd, assuming near perfect conditions, give the ppfd your plant will receive.

The reason Im confused, now that Ive given more thought, about a lot of this is because of specs being published at mounting heights with specific light footprints which led me to believe that the ppfd I was describing was what the plants would receive. Maybe Im using the wrong term or Im not giving enough clarification on light on the canopy vs. What i believe you to describe as light in a space (such as the air in between the plant and light).

In the end Im probably over complicating everything and not taking something that appears to be simple when you describe as in-fact being simple and not this overly complicated mess Ive turned it into lmao

1 Like

You are. And all I meant by that comment was that if you’re running your light close to properly those should be close canopy level numbers.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhh I gotcha now. My bad, I appreciate everything ya do here @dbrn32!

1 Like

@dbrn32 I now understand it, see, I’ve been doing math wrong and forgot that a 4x4 area is not in fact 1 square meter but is 1.468 square meters, and when a light such as the Spyder2x gives off 860umol and then later in the description says 550umol over a 4x4 area… well after doing the math I got roughly close to that value and now have a far better understanding thanks to you.

1 Like

I could see that lol. 39" x 39" is 1m square

2 Likes