Exact Grow Weeks

I started growing with hydroponics and wasn’t sure of my tap water so I started buying distilled water at about .88 a gal. It didn’t take me long to buy a good PPM meter and tested my tap water and it never moves off of 0. I’m not far from the water filtration plant so my water is very clean. I’ve been using it ever since and I store my water in milk jugs also, just more than three @GrowManFitz lol. I’ve constantly changed things as I learn and now I’m using an EBB and flow system and the reservoir is a 55 gal. barrel in which I put in about 20-25 gals. for 6 plants so I need that many.

4 Likes

I am a soil only grower. Told you the hydro guys would know better. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

How long does it usually take to sprout out of the rock wool. Haven’t seen anything yet it’s been about five days. The seeds I have in soil are already starting to sprout.

I’ve never used them but I think it should take about the same times as in soil. Did you soak the rock wool in PH balanced water prior to putting the seed in?

1 Like

Did you germinate the seed before putting it in the rockwool? :sunglasses:

1 Like

@NTMAREMACH lucky sob. My tap is like steady 230… Making me think I might only buy distilled water here on out…

Soak the rock wool in 5.8 pH solution then shake the excess water out. Rock wool holds a lot of moisture, so don’t add any more until almost dry. Place the seed no more than a 1/4" down and leave it alone. Usually sprouts within 4 days, but could take up to a week.

1 Like

@Tonyb If I were you I’d install a filter system if that’s possible. Buying water will cost you a small fortune but you’ll have great water.lol Companies like GH use water with no PPM’s when running tests, probably distilled or filtered when determining how much nutes to use per gal of water. If you have a high PPM reading from your tap then your final PPM’s will be higher than the desired range on the chart so you’ll need to keep that into consideration and you don’t know what minerals are in the water.

I have a 5 gal res n a 1 gal res… So 6 gallons won’t cost too much… I need to get a filter eventually though… recommendations @NTMAREMACH?

I did germinate then before I put them in the soaked rock wool. I put on in soil at the same time and the soil one is already sprouting.

Should I open up the rock wool and see what’s going on?

1 Like

Wouldn’t recommend that,one slip up and you break the o’so fragile tap and she is through.

No foul, just looking into the reason for not sprouting. I had the same issue. The rockwool stayed too wet for me. Germinated seed never came up. Looks like it drowned.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Then I think I may have drowned my seeds rock wool hast been wet and haven’t seen any sprouting. The seeds have been in for six days now. The seed in the soil is growing. The tap root is still in the rock wool any way of saving the seeds so they can still grow?

I had this same problem when I first started out. I had put the seed to far down in the rockwool. I opened mine up and ruined 3 seeds that way, so dont do that. So the next time you use rockwool only put the tap root in the tiny hole. you should be able to see the seed on top. When you put them further down it kind of smothers them and it takes a long time for them to come out.

2 Likes

my little soil guy is growing it’s been a week today. The rock wool hydroponic still no sign of life.

2 Likes

Thay stem looks awfully purple, may just be genetics, but how often are you watering?

1 Like

It’s only been a week in the soil so just once. What’s the purple mean?

Most likely genetics

2 Likes