**Everything that could go wrong did** How do my white widow autos and bergman golds look at day 54 from seed?

It’s going to be a full week of overcast skies and intermittent rain. Terrible weather so may need to hold off a few more weeks. I’ve stopped nutrients except for mixing some molasses to the watering schedule. I can’t imagine that will hurt the harvest. Last night I did smoke quite a bit of last weeks bud samples which still hadn’t dried and cured, but a nice head high although the munchies kicked in and I was a bit sluggish this morning. I can only imagine when ready these WW autos will be potent.

while the White Widow autos head down the final count down, looks as though the Bergman Goldleaf has entered flowering mode as I see these little hairs starting to emerge. So 66 days or so from sprouting the BGL have begun the flower phase, which optimistically could finish in August. Then hopefully have a few more autos ready to go which may finish in October. Then I wait for the long winter to enjoy the harvests until spring when it might start again. Though, I will do smaller grows, one maybe two plants at a time. It is much easier to blend into the outdoor garden that way without attracting attention.

Day 67 from seed. I cant really tell the difference day to day and still no fat buds like some of the great pictures and that tells me to keep waiting. so I will. my wife seems to have calmed down over these plants and I will try to keep them soaking in the sun. I keep hearing the buds will explode in sign at the end. I am waiting for that as so far it has been slow and steady flowering.

1 Like

The girls look very healthy considering the struggle lol…you have bounced back well @SuburbanMoRun

I think this journal has made me settle on ww auto as my first ever seeds purchase…they seem very durable and the high you described is what I’m after lol

1 Like

If you’re ready to jump in here are my recommendations. Possibly consider buying a variety auto seed pack if there is a good BOGO offer. Start two seeds in water and give them 3 days to sprout. Then into some 1 -2 gallon pots in a fluffy organic potting mix. Put the pots in a tray inside a foil lined 4 sided cardboard frame (to reflect light back in to seedlings), use a cheap light fixture and shine a white spectrum LED bulb onto the seedlings. Plug the lamp into a cheap timer and set on a 18-20 hour on cycle, 4-6 hour off cycle. Keep soil moist and plants humid. The hardest part is patience. No nutrients until you see 6-8 real leaves. Then start gentling adding a nitrogen dense fertilizer, I prefer the Alaska fish emulsion. Maybe sprinkle some epsom salt lightly if you want some magnesium. Stay with a gentle schedule and in a month they will be ready to be introduced outdoors. The 1-2 gallon pots can be moved around easily and blend into a regular garden setting. When growth started taking off I backed off fish emulsion and introduced phosphate and potassium. That should take you through flowering. With good sun exposure, regular watering and attention, you should be seedling to harvest in 80 -90 days. They do all the work you provide the patience.

Uploading: P1520105.JPG… Uploading: P1520106.JPG… Uploading: P1520107.JPG… Uploading: P1520108.JPG… Uploading: P1520109.JPG… Uploading: P1520110.JPG… Uploading: P1520111.JPG… Uploading: P1520112.JPG… Uploading: P1520113.JPG… Uploading: P1520114.JPG… Day 3 of overcast skies and rain. 68 days since seedling hatched for these white widow auto girls. hoping enough bright light breaks through the clouds to keep the flowering schedule moving. I don’t notice much development last few days, but here are a few more main cola pics. I was thinking I would harvest this weekend, but maybe I will hold off another week until I can see some of the leaves start to yellow. plants look too green still and that must mean there is too much nutrient still in the plant. buds have more work to do. again, I will error on the side of early rather than late so I don’t get the couch lock effect. and next time it is only one or two plants at a time, not starting off with 10. both for security and for management, I don’t need to have that much inventory for myself.

be sure to wait until the photos finish uploading before posting…

That said, you mentioned chopping soon (without looking at photos) a bit of patience and perseverance will really pay off. The buds really start to swell in the final couple of weeks.

You are likely still a ways out based on previous photos and the time that has elapsed. You may be closer than I thing but photos will help.

I just reviewed your photos from yesterday, you are quite a ways out, yet. You will be astonished at what happens to them if you are able to wait. This an opportunity to practice your negotiation skills LOL.

1 Like

Day 3 of overcast skies and rain. 68 days since seedling hatched for these white widow auto girls. hoping enough bright light breaks through the clouds to keep the flowering schedule moving. I don’t notice much development last few days, but here are a few more main cola pics. I was thinking I would harvest this weekend, but I will continue to hold off until I can see some of the leaves start to yellow or I risk they end up in the trash can. plants look too green still and that must mean there is too much nutrient still in the plant. buds have more work to do. again, I will error on the side of early rather than late so I don’t get the couch lock effect. and next time it is only one or two plants at a time, not starting off with 10. both for security and for management, I don’t need to have that much inventory for myself.

I trimmed off many of the big fan leaves just leaving a few around the buds. hoping that diverts energy to the bud development without losing the solar panels. saw some little ball sacks growing on the stalks, soft of at the underarm where a branch would shoot out from main stalk. scared me and I thought it might have gone hermie do to all the stress, but I pinched them off and they were soft empty sacks like you would see on a tomato plant, so I wont worry. too far down the road to worry anyway.

DONT CHOP YET!
Way to Soon

2 Likes

Under the advice of many I continue to hold off chopping. Yet after 4 days of rain and overcast skies I worry. plants do like water I know, yet I don’t see meaningful fattening up of the buds and I do see an increase in the browning of the pistils. some plants look more ripe than others and I do have 4 plants and multiple bud sites on each, so I could start to harvest select sites and keep a log to see how it all turns out. but posting 8 new pics of the bud sites to see what feedback I get.

Looks young to me too. Have you looked at the tricomes?

Other than zooming in on my iPhone pics, I have not. I wonder if it is possible that the 4 days of heavy rain washed away some of the tricomes. Is that possible? If so that explains why I am seeing fewer chipmonks, they must have couch lock. I moved the plants a week or so ago to settle my wife down, but it is a shadier spot now, plus the near week of overcast skies, I will move them back to get more sun, I probably added another week onto the harvest schedule. Another if it could go wrong moment.

IMG_1024 IMG_1025 Day 71. Just finished 4 heavy rain days with full overcast skies. Hopefully, good sunshine today. I will wait until tomorrow to take close up pics. Here is a distance shot of their location in the garden. WW Auto plants on the right in front of the hydrangea and the freshly flowering Bergman Goldleaf to the left in front of the pink portion of the fence. I looked today and not much change, still green and buds not real fat yet although I see an increasing number of brownish pistils. there are a reasonable number of bud sites on each plant, just not the big juicy type I see in the pictures from other growers. I guess this is my first grow and I bit off more than I could handle. so if I get through this with a reasonably good harvest I know what to do next time. hopefully I can be harvested in less than a few weeks, but I fear it could be 90 days or so from seedling.

you have worked so hard to get your girls here please listen to @Budbrother he is right you have a while it is called POP plant owner patience you will not regret it.

so far very nice job you have learned a lot in 1 grow. well done

happy monday yall…jimmie

1 Like

Day 71 and another overcast rainy day. tomorrow should be sunny. I am moving the plants back to their original sunnier location as I think it is more secure from a visibility standpoint. I moved them because my wife didn’t like looking at them, but she is out of town this week and I hope they are close to being done when she returns. but I doubt it. they are still very green. the water seems to have taken a toll on the bud aesthetics and I don’t see as many sparkling trichomes, but I am guessing when they dry out they will be fine. they do seem to be fattening up a little bit even in the overcast and rainy days. and the pistols seem to be turning more brownish. so I am hopeful I didn’t screw this grow up to badly and sort of wishing I didn’t do the fan leaf trim last week. but whatever, if I haven’t killed them yet, anything harvested is a bonus. plus what I have learned is immeasurable.

after posting todays update I went to check on the remaining nug from my lower branch prune 10 days ago or so. when I opened the canister I noticed the little bud seems to have molded over and stuck to the bottom of the canister. it did not smell right maybe a little moldy and it was much softer than when I checked it a few days ago it seemed very crisp. is this normal? the pics don’t look too bad.

see pic of this bud from june 5 to see how its changed.

Finally a little sunshine. Took these pics right before the sun came up. They are very photogenic with the flash. And like a typical super model, they are thin thin thin. Hopefully they fatten up the next few weeks.

2 Likes