Started seeds indoor in plastic seed trays from Walmart. Mistake #1.
Transplanted into slightly larger peat cups at about 4 regular leaves. Mistake#2.
Used Weak Walmart grow light bulbs in a standard fixture for first 4 weeks. Mistake #3 .
Became impatient and planted outdoors in grow bags beginning of May (in Georgia). Mistake #4.
The dogs became fascinated with all the attention the new plants were getting. And when I came home from work the next day my wife said why is there so much dirt on the deck. Well, the damn dogs shredded the grow bag, but I retrieved four of the almost dead seedlings and replanted into the peat cups until it appeared they would recover.
At first sign of recovery, I transplanted yet again to a large plastic pot. Two white widows plus basel and oregano for pot one and two white widows and a tomato plant for pot 2. As these were on my fairly private deck I wanted to keep them fairly disguised. Finally, 4 Bergman Gold Fem plants were also potted in a large decorative plastic pot. Mistake #5.
My wife didn’t like my new garden and all the attention the dogs were giving it and asked me to them from the deck. So I moved them out into the landscape bedding, where they seem to blend in nicely. But the dogs still seek them out.
As I was moving the large pot of Bergman Gold planter with 4 reasonably sized 4 week old seedlings down the 14 deck steps, the pot gave way and toppled down the last 2 steps turning upside down practically crushing the 4 plants. However, I was patient and dug out the 4 young ladies, bare roots exposed, from under the dirt and replanted them.
The 4 white widows seemed to be recovering well and the 4 bergman golds seemed to slowly recover too, although fairly stunted. Mistake #6 was using blood meal to fertilize the plants when they reached 6-7 weeks and had stabilized from all the trauma. The dogs went crazy for blood meal and would dig into the plants exposing the roots on a daily basis. So I switched to Fish based nitrogen nutrient, which the dogs also craved. So I then added a cinnamon based dog repellant to the top of soil and that has helped a little. But Bergman #4 was eaten by the dogs, so now there are 3.
So after all that, I am in day 54 and you can see the two pots of white widow starting to flower, maybe in their second week. and the bergman golds are starting to shoot up and are looking pretty good.
I have added a fish based bloommore nutrient for potassium and phosphate to help the flowering white widows as I heard that will help make the buds denser. However, the plants while recovered are still taller and slender not bushy as many of the indoor grown pics I have seen. so I am hoping that after all the screw ups I am heading to a reasonable first harvest.
The bergmans on day 54 are no where near flowering it seems as they are not auto and wondering what I can expect in terms of timeframe to the flowering stage. It is now may 24 and temperature is in the 90s in Georgia. So would like some help as to what I might expect for timeframe to flowering and the flowering stage, I have heard 63 or so days in flowering. So here are my pics.
Please advise, thanks.