**Everything that could go wrong did** How do my white widow autos and bergman golds look at day 54 from seed?

Started seeds indoor in plastic seed trays from Walmart. Mistake #1.

Transplanted into slightly larger peat cups at about 4 regular leaves. Mistake#2.

Used Weak Walmart grow light bulbs in a standard fixture for first 4 weeks. Mistake #3 .

Became impatient and planted outdoors in grow bags beginning of May (in Georgia). Mistake #4.

The dogs became fascinated with all the attention the new plants were getting. And when I came home from work the next day my wife said why is there so much dirt on the deck. Well, the damn dogs shredded the grow bag, but I retrieved four of the almost dead seedlings and replanted into the peat cups until it appeared they would recover.

At first sign of recovery, I transplanted yet again to a large plastic pot. Two white widows plus basel and oregano for pot one and two white widows and a tomato plant for pot 2. As these were on my fairly private deck I wanted to keep them fairly disguised. Finally, 4 Bergman Gold Fem plants were also potted in a large decorative plastic pot. Mistake #5.

My wife didn’t like my new garden and all the attention the dogs were giving it and asked me to them from the deck. So I moved them out into the landscape bedding, where they seem to blend in nicely. But the dogs still seek them out.

As I was moving the large pot of Bergman Gold planter with 4 reasonably sized 4 week old seedlings down the 14 deck steps, the pot gave way and toppled down the last 2 steps turning upside down practically crushing the 4 plants. However, I was patient and dug out the 4 young ladies, bare roots exposed, from under the dirt and replanted them.

The 4 white widows seemed to be recovering well and the 4 bergman golds seemed to slowly recover too, although fairly stunted. Mistake #6 was using blood meal to fertilize the plants when they reached 6-7 weeks and had stabilized from all the trauma. The dogs went crazy for blood meal and would dig into the plants exposing the roots on a daily basis. So I switched to Fish based nitrogen nutrient, which the dogs also craved. So I then added a cinnamon based dog repellant to the top of soil and that has helped a little. But Bergman #4 was eaten by the dogs, so now there are 3.

So after all that, I am in day 54 and you can see the two pots of white widow starting to flower, maybe in their second week. and the bergman golds are starting to shoot up and are looking pretty good.

I have added a fish based bloommore nutrient for potassium and phosphate to help the flowering white widows as I heard that will help make the buds denser. However, the plants while recovered are still taller and slender not bushy as many of the indoor grown pics I have seen. so I am hoping that after all the screw ups I am heading to a reasonable first harvest.

The bergmans on day 54 are no where near flowering it seems as they are not auto and wondering what I can expect in terms of timeframe to the flowering stage. It is now may 24 and temperature is in the 90s in Georgia. So would like some help as to what I might expect for timeframe to flowering and the flowering stage, I have heard 63 or so days in flowering. So here are my pics.

Please advise, thanks.

4 Likes

Damn, took a beatin. Look good

1 Like

My dog ate 85% of my plant and she had a nice harvest. Looking good :grinning:

2 Likes

I would title it the Timex grow…
Scene: Timex DWC Torture test.
Cue— John Camron Swayze "Takes a Lickin’ and keeps on Tickin’
timex_dwc

4 Likes

Some autos just take forever. Mine took 11wks. They bloom when they bloom. They decide…like cats.

1 Like

just goes to show wat these plants can actually go thrugh and bounce back

1 Like

My dogs tried that until I showed them the error of their ways :smile:…now they give a pretty wide berth lmao

2 Likes

suburban gardening is a challenge being both subtle, blending into the environment and dealing with domestic and wild animals and insects.

There is snail evidence with some holes in the leaves. I saw some wild strawberry remnants in one of the pots where a plant was obviously chewed and my guess it was a chipmunk who had come for the wild strawberrys growing on the ground and then found his main course.

this was my first grow and I did it on the cheap. good seeds from ILGM, two $ grow bulbs to start the seedlings, 150 LBs of good organic potting soil, some soil supplements, fish nutients for nitrogen and then another fish nutrient for potassium and phosphate. the bone meal and blood meal, probably did more damage by attracting the dogs.

I like that once you get through the first 30 days of the autogrow, it starts heading to the home stretch and that allows me to be more patient with non autos and also start up a few more seedlings. that gives me some short check points to look forward to. when it was just seedlings, I gave them too much attention.

I don’t need a big harvest because this is my own project, but I do want quality and I do want to get better with each harvest. So hopefully, if I don’t kill the dogs, I can find a way to sustain this and blend the plants into a normal garden environment without attracting attention.

1 Like

i am blown away at how durable these plants are, I thought they were goners.

i took a close up of the white widow buds in week two. up close they look like they have quite a bit going on, I think this might be a great harvest in perhaps a month.

1 Like

Looking good

1 Like

3 Likes

it has been another week, do the buds seem to be developing and can someone give me a guess as to where they are in terms of harvest readiness, a week or month?

1 Like

Closer to a month than a week for sure. Could be six weeks…

Looking good…

1 Like

After about a week of sprouting

theyre not getting much taller and difficult to see if the buds are developing more. its been about a week since I uploaded the first pics of the girls starting to flower. I did clip some lower level branches with small buds which weren’t getting much sunlight and I am drying them just to see what happens. hoping time starts to fatten the top buds and main cola. it is going to be a long march to the finish as my wife is not happy my latest garden adventure and I hope I can hold out before she has a nervous breakdown and cuts them down.

3 Likes

IMG_0969 IMG_0970 So, I have moved some of the plants. I think the bergmans gold leaf on left are still too visible particularly as they grow, but the 4 white widows seem to be fairly well stashed on the right. Can you see them. Giving up some sun to keep them a little longer and hopefully until harvest. the gold leafs I am worried about as they are photo and already 3+ feet.

2 Likes

My wife has given me the ultimatum to move the plants and Ive stalled as much as I can. Good news is they look like theyre beginning to mature with some amber hairs. Very few however and the buds are not huge and clearly needs more time. But time I don’t have and so today I have started to flush with water and will do that a few days then chop. How disappointed might I be with my first grow of these white widow autos?

2 Likes

IMG_0981

Day 65 from seed sprouting these white widow autos. took these pics and then I started a little trimming of non bud branches to maybe clear out some room for the buds to get more air and sun and possible stress these gals into producing more potency. also, the lower profile may calm my wifes fears having these in the backyard. certainly I keep thinking how much her anxiety will benefit from a good harvest and waiting. so they live another day and another day closer. but more work to do and more time needed.

2 Likes

last week I clipped a few nugs off the bottom of a white widow and dried them. So less than a week later I gave them a try and I am pleased to say I received a nice buzz, a very pleasant head high after only two magic puffs. The bud wasn’t completely dried and I think a full dry/cure would have made even more difference. so ladies and gentlemen, the buds you see above may not be at their prime, but they can do their job.

3 Likes

they live another day, day 66 from seed and all the crap they’ve been through. couldn’t help myself and did a trim last night. these pics have their current look and close up of some buds. still a long way to go to fill in like some of the pictures ive seen of big juicy white widow buds. but frankly, I want to error on the no couch lock and don’t mind going early. just not too early. I continue to smoke a little of the small buds I cut last week and have been drying. they give a nice head buzz, but lasts maybe an hour or so. it is a nice functional high.

1 Like