Everything Purple Kush

I just dropped one Purple Kush seed into water to start the germination process. I was looking around the forum and did not see a conversation solely on Purple Kush. From what I have read, this is a fast grow at about 2.5 months to harvest, but produces a potent bud. I think I will cultivate this one different than others. Medium -FFOF, Wiggle Worm Castings, Perlite, and Myco. Considering growing in a 1 gallon fab pot since it is a short grow. Here is where you come in, I would love recommendations, concerns, thought, and advice with this grow. I want to try something different and want to learn more from this community. We have about 2.5 months, so lets begin!

3 Likes

I’d get at least a 5 gallon pot. Everything you have so far besides the pot will work out for the Purple Kush. Unless you want small flowers then stay with the one gallon pot.

1 Like

I agree about getting a bigger pot.

First grow I used 2 gallon bags and rhat was way too small. Was watering every 2 days.

Now I used 3 gal for autos

3 Likes

I was toying with the idea of growing it all the way through in a solo cup just for fun, but was afraid that with a low yield to start with I might end up with little to nothing to harvest. I am not sure if I have room for a 5 gallon in my tent, but I could squeeze a 3 gallon in between what is already growing.

1 Like

I have a few growing in 3 gallon pots and I am watering them every 2-3 days. I am currently trying bottom feeding and that gives me an extra day between watering, but I only do that once a week or every couple of weeks. Kind of time consuming, but it does have benefits.

1 Like

This strain is worth having it’s own tent.

1 Like

I grew the purple kush auto in 3 gal and cloned her after a FIM. I think in total weight with the mother and clones were just over 100 grams.
Mother Sprout jan 15, harvest april 13, 55 g
Clones taken Feb 11, harvest april 29, 53 g
Happy growing

@texian

Here are what a couple of 3-galloners look like filled out. 3 gal is plenty IMHO

2 Likes

Impressive! Did you do any training on these, they look like you allowed them to grow naturally?

Glad to hear that you harvested a nice quantity. I have heard that it produces less than other cultivars.

2 Likes

I did supercropping at the base then LST with only wickets made from wire hangers

1 Like

What type of nutrients are you using?

Switched from Technaflora to Jacks 321 this grow round and couldn’t be happier.

It was a game changer in ease and results

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Here is what I am going with for the soil. This is all I have to work with at the moment. This is based on per one gallon…
FFOF - 11 cups
Wiggle Worm Castings - 3 cups
Perlite - 2 cups
Supreme Mycorrhizal - 1 tsp

Sad to say that my seed in germination was a dud, but i started germination on another Purple Cusk seed and i have a tap root.

1 Like

Plant that sucker. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use 5 gallon containers not only because you never have to worry about room for your root system, but because they take exactly 1 gallon of water when I water…no guesswork. I just fill up an empty gallon water jug, add my 1/2 strength nutes, shake it around, and I use the entire jug when I water. I like my grows K.I.S.S.

3 Likes

My ratio is about half a gal of water per gallon of grow bag… so I’m a little higher in that regard.

So, my grow bags are 3 gallons and I use 1.5 gallons water to completely saturate to runoff every 3 to 7 days depending on stage in the plant.

I guess they both work fine

3 Likes

Weird how everyone is different in that regards. I have 3 gallon pots hard plastic though and it takes 1 gallon to get 20% runoff using jacks 321 and happy frog in one and oceans farm in other.

3 Likes

Bad news, my second Purple Kush germination attempt failed. Guess my soil is to hot and it burned up. It was in the soil after 5 days from sprouting (as past post showed), so i did a little inspect wonder and sure enough, the sprout is gone. Why am i having a hard time with Purple Kush? I can grow Super Skunk and Critical Mass in exactly the same environment and they grow. Here us a pick of them, larger CM, smaller SSK both at about 4-5 weeks