Everything is trying to eat my buds

Outdoor beginner grow in Virginia. I’ve had grasshoppers, spider mites and now these guys. Very close to harvest and don’t want to put anything on the buds.

2 Likes

That thing will destroy your buds, had some last year. Inspect your buds very closely, they crawl inside and do their damage. I know no one wants to spray on buds but have to do something. I got rid of they by spraying Captain jacks directly into buds, did a bud wash at harvest. Not sure if it was the best answer but that’s the way I did it.

1 Like

That’s how I found them, one of the buds was turning brown. I thought I had bud rot and pulled it off and took it apart and found one inside. Inspected the plants top to bottom and found a couple more. They just have to hang on a little longer.

I fully understand, that was how I found them. They crawl in there munch around crap in there and brown buds black goo bud rot. You found some what about the ones you did not find yet, eggs have been laid and growing. It’s my guess some will suggest to harvest before all is lost. I will tag someone more experienced then I.@cannabian @covertgrower

2 Likes

Didn’t think about eggs, they are close to being ready, I will chop them in the next couple of days. One is a White Widow Auto, the other is a Northern Lights Auto.

1 Like

Best of luck, Must be nice being to harvest so early in the season. I am just north of you SW Pa. You could get two crops a year if willing.

1 Like

I normally spray BT before flowering, I suspect you could use it while flowering and just do a bud wash after? Its a bacillus that attacks the gits of worms. I believe its non toxic to humans.

1 Like

I use this one. They eat leaves and get sick, best to start before flower, not harmful to humans. I always wash my buds with water and some hydrogen peroxide thrown in, followed by plain water rinse.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice!

Im in same boat with my autos , which are ready to harvest now through next two weeks…noticed some browning buds which became dead fast…started to cut off the browning buds and in some cases entire buds where I noticed entry point into the main stem. fuck me. I have about 8 autos…3 are prob ok to harvest now but the others still need little more time - best to just harvest on the early side ? I have been spraying what I can given where im at with harvest and have physically gone in and removed caterpillars when I can…but I do see what I think are eggs - Anything I need to know or or watch out for once I harvest, given this situation - any and all advice welcome

I know it sucks, my plants are still hanging in there because I think I caught them early. Don’t know what to tell you to do because I am rookie. I guess the pesticides mentioned here and a bud wash are an option.