Everyone Post your Newbie Mistakes (all growers new and old timers)

On my second batch of clones I sprayed neem oil way too late into flower because of the leaf spot fungus and I ended up with basically a bunch of fine bud to make hashish with but it was unsmokable junk otherwise …and it had a sad, dark color to it too :cry:

3 Likes

I started growing weed before I even started smoking it or knew anything about it. I merely wanted a form of making money and I had some seeds passed down to me from some relatives. I did likely everything wrong but somehow I made it from start to finish. I did all my research AFTER starting the process which was my biggest mistake. I wasn’t really planning on getting into it but it happened, but preparation and learning the basics would save you so much hassle.

3 Likes

the Lights - This is Great info- so how do we know when its time is up?

1 Like

pretty darn cold brrrrr lol snowing a bit- I couldn’t believe my eyes when i turned around and grabbed that door knob and it was like uh NO… nope nope nope what am i really seeing right now ? what is happening? whyyyyyy lol

1 Like

this is a hard lesson and i totally understand the disappointment xo hugs Keep going it gets better every time! Thanks for this share!

so the neem oil ruins the crop for smoking? I believe i remember reading some post when this happened - ugh well at least it was not all a loss and you got some hash out of that grow… Ill certainly remember no neem oil in flower! Thanks for this!

Love :heart:

one of my mistakes when starting out was pH related with the plants nutrients

I had to use pH up but added too much so in went pH down. After mixing it tested too low, again

I got the pH number in the right spot, eventually, but it was sloppy…pH ping pong…not really the best technique and not good for the plants

2 Likes

I agree this can be tricky and i don’t know how else but with experience in doing the ph ping pong to understand the usage/dosage whatever you call it… I did the same thing and i just counted drops each time and then made adjustments the next batch knowing 10 drops took it way to far so start with 5 type thing - Keeping a ledger or record of everything really helps! (I always thought there should be better directions or suggestion on the bottles as to how to get there easier)
This is another good Share! Thanks xo

Ya know now that I think of it, my biggest mistakes came from my harvest and Drying thick Buds the Wrong way, there is Definetly a knack to that, once you get it , you got it , but I almost ruined a Lot of pot, LOL

3 Likes

YES This is what I’m looking for… tell me how your dry your buds? bigger and littles… this is a great share

One of my first mistakes (one of many ) was trying to grow in a 2x6x6 closet with a 400w HID/MH bulbs with poor I mean poor ventilation. I got it to bud , but was real loose bud that tasted like crap lol . :cactus:

3 Likes

@tee3737 thanks for this … so it sounds to me ( again I’m new) but it sounds like a 400 wt HID/MH would be ok but your right with no fan venting that heat out i guess it was just to much for them… is that what makes the bud loose? i thought it was more genetics? so this is interesting to me… wonder what else i should know to make denser buds? ( might be my next new post question lol) xo take care T

1 Like

The heat build up and high temp will give you loose bud. The crappy taste was from not flushing long anof.

2 Likes

Very carefully, LOL, its a total process of slightly trimming larger leaves, leaving the smaller Sugar leaves, hanging and drying in a dark and dry area with temps in the high 60"s to mid 70"s , awww hell I just thought of something Great, go to the"Guides" section and read the “Harvest” its vey informative, there Is a process, Weed needs to be kept in a dark, dry , environment with some slight breeze and ventilation 7-10 days.

2 Likes

Too much Nitrogen in the Flowering stage and found in slow release fertilizers like MG can produce airy buds

2 Likes

LOL I’ve made so many mistakes where to begin???
Too much humidity too little
too hot too cold
poor ph shitty high tds water
Dropped plants dropped things on plants lmao
Bent too late pruned too late
pooched light schedules
over watered under watered
missed top offs
too much nutes too early nutes
Honestly I had to learn lots the hard way and had fun doing it info wasn’t always so easy to get sites like this are a blessing to new growers and old alike :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Thanks for the New Year laugh . Like Larry the cable guy says “That’s funny I don’t care who you are”. :laughing:

I dropped an led grow light on my plant while trying to raise it half way through flower. broke off a couple limbs.

2 Likes

Started seedlings in “hot” soil, had lights to close very low humidity, and high temps. All in same grow

1 Like