Everclear & cannabis

Ok, making a tincture using an oz and everclear.
Question being whole grain alcohol how does one hold the drops under their toungue without burning like crazy?

1 Like

I think that’s the main problem with using alcohol. Most people just wash it down with a chaser.

5 Likes

You can add it to some fruit juice and it goes down fine.

5 Likes

Or simply proof it down to 60 or 80.

3 Likes

I might add it to a jigger of 18 year old scotch…:+1:

2 Likes

That would ruin the scotch! I’d rather use it as a chaser.

4 Likes

@Laurap I take a mouthful of a drink, drip my drops into my full mouth and swish for awhile. Knocks the burn right down. It seems to speed onset or just gives me something to do the pass the time.

One of my favorites to mix is grape drink.

3 Likes

I use jolly ranchers to calm it down some

4 Likes

that sounds great actually!

3 Likes

That does sound the least nasty. Diluting would be defeating the purpose.

2 Likes

@Hogmaster I don’t know about the jolly rancher. I only had a green apple to steal from a kid but it didn’t reduce the burn intensity, made the taste overall better and shorten the burn compared to no chaser.

I just extracted some Orange into everclear that Im going to try on my next golden dragon run. Probably 4 months out.

I put a full bag in a 1/4 jug all cherry

1 Like

Anyone know the solubility of actives in ethanol? Are you doing an extraction or just soaking? An extraction is more efficient but usually uses more solvent and as @Laurap says dilutes the solute. Typically an extraction is followed by concentrating the solute back to its solubility level. That way you’re insured you’ve extracted all the goody (depending again on its solubility in EthOH), and you’ve reduced the amount of solvent. I say typically, referring to typical lab practice. I don’t know squat about reefage but I’d be surprised if the method was less effective than just soaking.

1 Like

I’ve made two batches of canna tincture with Everclear. Yes, it burns like crazy when dropped straight!! However, I mix it with Welsh’s Grape Juice (about 2 shots worth); I’m not a drinker and the grape juice hides the alcohol taste really well. Then about 15 min later, you start feeling warm and happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you only use a couple drops of the tinture or do you take small shots of it

1 Like

I’ve made three batches of this and then I let it soak for at least a month. Once it’s finished soaking, I filter it with double coffee filters and then put the emerald green liquid into dropper bottles, usually 1 or 3 oz bottles. Three droppers full in grape juice will keep me pain free and feeling very well for about 5 hours. It’s magical stuff and i’m really glad that I stumbled on how to make it. I’ve only taken one opioid pill in the last 5 months (it was a really rough day and I was REALLY hurting). Taking 4 droppers full and I get too high and a little paranoid and I don’t like it. I give some to a friend of mine that has bad pain issues too and it’s been a miracle to her also. The best part; very discrete and no smell at all…no body has any idea that I’m high as a kite and completely pain free!

1 Like

Good idea with the jolly rancher. What about dropping one in the tincture? Wouldn’t stop the burn, but a green apple marijuana tinc sounds pretty good… I’ve got two jars infusing now. Only a few days in. But ill give it a go after filter and let you know.

I put a tbl in shot ogf 7up. My last tincture i swear got better as it aged. After 60 days, WhooHoo, powerful stuff!

Cool thanks for the information I have some that’s been soaking for about a week and some Girl Scout cookies can’t wait to try it

1 Like