Ever seen this?

I have no idea what the contents are but this looks like weed soil to me or at least marketed to us. Professional Growing Mix 3-cu ft Potting Soil Mix https://www.lowes.com/pd/Sunshine-3-Cu-Ft-Sunshine-Mix-4-with-Myco/5005472633

4 Likes

never seen it before and its unavailable for pick up and shipping lol

35 bucks for 6 cu ft is a good deal

3 Likes

I believe it’s the same as Promix, here’s the ingredients

• Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
  • Perlite
  • Dolomite Lime
  • Resilience
  • Wetting Agent
2 Likes

Any good dirt is weed soil. It’s what you add to it that makes the difference. The brand you mention is used a lot in the cannibis industry.

Pro tip #1067
No matter the brand, pour all new potting soil out on a tarp and check for fungus knatts. Kill anything wiggling except for earthworms. This simple step will eliminate most soil born insect problems.

3 Likes

that was for lowes, most of places around here doesn’t have a variety of cannabis soil except for Fox Farms. maybe when the medical Marijuana kicks off then more places will carry more stuff, but im not buying weed, ill keep on growing lol

2 Likes

I have used it for all three grows since I restarted growing at the end of 2021. I have got good results and like it…I do add some more perlite to it.

2 Likes

You can also “bake” the medium to kill the fungus gnats. You can use an oven, or set the whole bag in the sun and let Mother Nature do it’s thing for a day or two.

So is this treated like soil or coco as far as feeding frequency?

These bags often sit in the sun for a season at the big box stores so I disagree that the sun is 100 percent effective at doing anything but breeding more insects. Now that oven is a bug killer

2 Likes

is booming. Both soil processors and peat moss factories here cant keep up, crying for workers. Sana’a growing factory is here too and same thing

1 Like

there is no equivalency between soil, coco or peat. Coco and peat are clean plates. By themselves they provide no nutrients. They are soilless mediums.

2 Likes

Sunshine #4 has had a following in cannabis for quite some time. I don’t use it, but plenty do.

3 Likes

Explain this

1 Like

That’s soil with coco as an alternative to peat moss, having some difference in water retention, pH, and soil conditioning. Treat it like soil.

2 Likes

It is soil not soilless. Aged forest products, compost, alfalfa meal are plant based sources of nutrients. Just because it contains coco does not mean it is a soilless medium. Hydrotron and chunk perlite are also soilless mediums. Both of these can be added to soil for drainage and aeration purposes. But it does not change it to a soilless growing medium.
Many growers get in trouble thinking this type of medium is coco i.e. hydro / soilless and ph water and solutions accordingly.
I just wanted to clarify a misunderstanding I often see here and help avoid problems that can arise.

4 Likes