Estimating two weeks till harvest

My goal for this grow is to harvest when the trichomes are cloudy but before they turn amber. Once you see clouds forming, how long before amber starts? I ask because I’m wondering about when to start flushing.

It’s tough to say. What strain is she? Each strain will have its own timetable, some are faster, some slower.

It is hard to say as mentioned. Also you have to remember that the trichomes continue to mature during the drying process.

2 Likes

Can you post a picture of what the trichomes look like now.

1 Like

This was posted by @VirginiaGrowBoy on anouther thread.

There was a scientific study done that found that THC content was higher if it was missed 1 week too late than 1 week too early

I’m also looking for different things in different strains.

Namely, if it’s supposed to be energetic for me like sativa dominant, then I don’t mind harvesting it slightly early even before any amber shows…just cloudy

Conversely, if I’m growing some indica dominant sleep weed, I always harvest it with 25% or more amber showing.

This “system” works for me

2 Likes

It’s an unknown sativa heavy strain. I’ll post pics as soon as I get back home. Thanks folks!

2 Likes

This is the best I could get until I build a stand for the microscope.

2 Likes

Don’t want to go to early or it will have that 15 minute high that sucks. If i want pick me up weed. I wait till i see the first amber like 1 or 2 and harvest bud specific might take quite a few days. Maybe even up to 2 weeks to harvest whole plant with just cloudy trikes. Or harvest top and let bottom get more amber so off same plant may have 3 different highs.

3 Likes

Too many white pistols, she is still building, your a couple to a few weeks, she looks fantastic tho, keep up the good work :smiley:

2 Likes

You are a good 3 weeks to go based on pistils

5 Likes

The girls need more time to plump up.

2 Likes

Happy cake day @beachglass :smiley:

Thank you!!

1 Like

I appreciate the replies guys but my question was about when to start flushing.

3 Likes

2 weeks before expected harvest

I think that’s why everyone is commenting it’s too far out now

1 Like

2 weeks , more like 5 ?

1 Like

Some people dont flush their plants before harvest, I dont cuz i grow outside in the ground. If i grew inside i still wouldn’t flush 2 weeks before harvest. If i did flush it would be in the last day or 2 before the chop. Ive yet to see any real proof that flushing 2 weeks before harvest does anything other then making the plant finish sooner then it otherwise would have.

1 Like

@yoshi

No I was saying to start flushing 2 weeks before harvest not that the plant would be ready in 2 weeks. I agree no way… more like 3 to 5

2 Likes

You really not flushing , you just not feeding , flushing makes it so confusing for so many , the power of language right . Basicalky you stop feeding once the piatils stop growing and starts to curl and turn amberish or reddish , orange :tangerine:, purple now , black , even some farn colors in hues of yellowish , you get my point :point_right: right ?
But the plant must still be watered long ebough for the trichomes to ripen ?
Which many farmers have no idea this is two complete different stages in the rootzone timing as well in how plants finish to a ripen maturity .
Whats called " flushing " is not technically a flush , its more like stop adding nutrients at week 6 and basically plain ph water until the plants finish technically :thinking:, but keep in mind this my friend , once you eat a hamburger :hamburger:, water wont flush that burger out your colon , but it will make you piss right ? Once the plants consume the nutrients in photosynthesis process , water wont remove those contents out the plants metabolism cause its now change into chlorophyll for plant growth . Technically you only flushing out the nutrients (ppm’s ) and either raising or dropping ph levels , which in my opinion can more harmful than good :+1:, Why ?
You spend decent money on nutrients , why flush them out when you can just used plain ph water over time , and the plants roots will adapt to the ph levels in the soil , but it you flush it out , its not easy to get the roots dial in back to exactly what ppm or ph they were at , This is for organic growers mainly , coco or hydro you are feeding the roots directly .

2 Likes