Escaping big pharma

im 50 years olg and havent smoked in 25 years (always preferred beer ) but have always been fascinated by the plant and its healing powers. i ws prescribed paroxetine by doctor for my nervous stomach and anxiety. and have weaned myself off it but i feel like crap and not a strong appetite. im setting up my first grow but my question is do any of you guys recommend edible gummies and if so where to purchase from?

3 Likes

Welcome! I like Beer and I make brownies.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Best to check dispensaries near you. Sourcing solicitations aren’t allowed on the site.

Some growers make their own edibles. Check posts from @blackthumbbetty. I’m not sure she has been on in a few months, but her posts are the best around for making edibles. There are probably some current users than can comment on making edibles, but I can’t think of any off-hand.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Making our oil taste better?? Is there a way our stuff is so Strong! to cut it down on taste.

1 Like

I’ve made concentrates, but never edibles.

Now that I think of it, I believe @repins12 is an edibles guy who makes his own.

1 Like

@repins12 Do you make RSO Oil/ We did a few days ago turned out super strong a little dab will do you! Most nasty taste like black licorice Is there a way to cut the taste down?

1 Like

I just make Cannacaps. No taste whatsoever.

14-28 G decarbed cannabis
1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
1/2 tsp lecithin

Into crock pot at low for 2 hours. Strain through cheesecloth, let cool to under 100 degrees, and then the oil goes into size 00 gelcaps. Seal and store in the fridge.

3 Likes

you keep your oil in the fridge??

1 Like

I keep my oil and my Cannacaps in the fridge.

2 Likes

A Levo 2 is amazing for infusing. Most of my cannabis consumption is edible for medical. Best machine i ever got for cannabis. Rso hit the door after i got it. Now RSO is used only if out of whatever edible i have made. Eat that rso with a piece of chocolate.

1 Like

Buy terpenes you’d like to add a drop or two of to cut the taste down

1 Like

I infuse coconut oil and or coco butter for making edibles and your body will readily absorb them I also use cured weed don’t grind it up too fine don’t over cook it all of these things will improve taste for future mixtures. In the mean time try some flavour extract like mint or orange or lemon they work best to hide nasty flavours.

Chocolates and cookies too![image|375x500]

5 Likes

Thanks a lot. Edible’s is the next hurdle for us. I would Love to make gummies but am a bit trepidatious about the process. We have a MB2 machine. Made cooking oil Coconut oil base. Got to wait till wife starts working again then we can afford these fancy molds and stuff. Looks great made me drool!

1 Like

I use RSO at home all the time and my wife puts it on a bed of espresso powder in a straight line and then covers with more espresso powder. Freeze for a bit and then can cut up into even pieces for even amounts. The espresso powder really cuts down on the flavor, and I usually put mine into a fun size candy bar like snickers that has a strong flavor, and don’t taste it much after that.

1 Like

So I guess I would be ripped on our oil and then hyper due to the powder. I will look into it. thanks

1 Like

DID it oil in the fridge because we don’t need to use it a lot.

No it solidifies, if that’s what you are asking. (assuming you are using coconut oil as the base)

1 Like

but won’t it go bad because of the coconut oil base?

I don’t think so. It should at least be good through the coconut oil expiration date. Never really thought about it.