Epsom salt how to

Done.

FYI that is not TMV: just a variegated phase of the plant and will sort itself out eventually.

6 Likes

Thanks for the help. I definitely plan on getting a vivosun 315 cmh and pH pen asap

Iā€™ve never tested my water PH and then boiled it and tested it again so Iā€™m not sure what the boiling does in relation to changing PH. It may it may notā€¦just an FYI

After steaming veggies to eat I do usually use the water left over after cooling to water plants in the house as there are a lot of good stuff from the Brussels sprouts or broccoli or whatever left in the water that plants can use.

Iā€™d assume it raises the pH.

To the OP, if you can safely drink your water it can be used without boiling. pH should be balanced towards 6.5 in soil. Municiple water should be left out for 24hours if it contains chlorine, and not used if it contains chloramines or has a high ppm/tds without filtering (yes I know you can chemically remove chloramines).

1 Like

Testing water, boiling water and then re-testing is done for TDS and not for PH. This is to determine the permanent water hardness as some minerals in muni water supplies are suspended and not dissolved. You see this on pots and pans with a white scale: thatā€™s the ā€˜temporaryā€™ part.

2 Likes

Did these plants turn out fine? I am dealing with a plant that has similar markingā€™s on some leaves, but other than that is growing well.