Environment heat ac lighting etc

hello there again its me. so anyone feel free to chime in I love discussion and to be inquisitive. so the situation is something like this. recently I was informed that the gavita 1000w de pro are some tried and true hps lighting. I know this to be true as I know you could as well go and find others better or that could do less. i was also told that for a indoor set up they would give off a lot of heat. ok so yea this is true as well, i commenced to argue well more rebuttal the guy however he knew what he was talking about as well. once he said to me it has a lot to do with height i knew then he was kind of saving himself but standing on what he was saying as well. i also told him that i was running ac and he said i would need it. lmao
the set up is that of a 5x9 and it will be a gorilla tent with all the extentions (roughly about 9’7) tow gavita…. well you know from prior and there will also be two more gavita 1000w de pro with 1000w MH 6k for the veg cycle. and now i know all some will chime in and ask why i will explain that i wanted to save on expenses and use what i have available to me now and that was these brand new gravitas. i wanted to know on top of any info you can give if in fact i did a good job for what i had and to not kill myself in the pocket?
i know the ac will be important but i don’t think it will be as much as the guy was saying? has anyone else done this before with the gavita either?
*the intent is to utilize two 4x4 spaces along with an isle for working the tent and space if need be w supplementation of CO2 as well
*MH by ultra sun

1 Like

Gavita DE is a solid lamp but it will cook. I have only seen them used indoors in a warehouse. I think they were about 3-4 feet from the plant tops. There were also major environmental controls to maintain upper 70’s (f). My 630 CMH raises a 4x4 tent 15 degrees from ambient. I would imagine a double ended HPS in that space could cook strips of meat or small fish…

1 Like

I’d like my buds rare please.

2 Likes

@Vexer - how ya been??

1 Like

Hah! Love it… :rofl:

1 Like

Been great man. Did you not see the new journal?

2 Likes

Link it in here please. :smile:

1 Like

Any help would be nice I know they get hot however I thing that this set up will be on and manageable under about 10ft

2 Likes

I would force induct with two 8 inch inline fans and exhaust with the same (outside or another room). I would keep the room at 70F and see if you can maintain 77F in the canopy top. You may need to beef your A/C with a stand alone unit at 18-20k btu’s.

The tent will trap heat so exchanging the volume with cool air is a must. Best of luck! Gavitas are good…

2 Likes
1 Like

Ok so I was wondering if you think I will have all these problems due to choosing gavita or due to it being 1000w period I see All kinds of light on the market similar to my gavita some by phantom 100wde vivosun nanoluxx to name a few what’s the difference I know gavitas burn brighter. So if this is the problem I can easily go towards a cheaper fixture and use these bulbs in the fixtures they are all new and have not been used I just wanted to see if this was plausible as I could go that route the goal is to get one down and I’ll see about good lighting @Poseidon personally I like the growers choice check it out. https://heavygardens.com/grower-s-choice-de-1000w-945w-630w-mh-hps-complete-fixture-240v.html?fee=15&fep=17059&utm_source=google-feed&utm_medium=shopping%20feed&utm_campaign=SCFeed&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o4&scid=scplpGC-1000WF&sc_intid=GC-1000WF&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrJ7nBRD5ARIsAATMxst0XXbW79_F9jVzKjaWkZTTlK85HjImOgS98mn8KF7Z5vuDN4YMmycaAmShEALw_wcB

1 Like

@blaqqadef - Please don’t get me wrong. Gavitas are completely awesome lights, however, HPS/MH all run hot. It’s not a Gavita thing, it is a lamp issue. By design, they radiate heat easily from the single glass wall - hence the “height” comments made. If your tent is 10 foot high, that leaves a lot of space between your plant tops and tent top. I don’t see why you can’t rock a grow space using HIgh Intensity Discharge… Post some pics of your setup :+1:t2:

Good fixture. Wing reflector so it will footprint larger. This guy will also run hot…

I would stick with the Gavita…

Are you set on HID? Have you looked at CMH for HID? What about building or buying a Top Bin led light? There are a few options. Your space is large :ok_hand:

1 Like

This is a reply I’ve been waiting for yes I’ve thought of all that of course why bullshit w this but as the commoner thinks u out olant in ground and it grows I don’t want that I want optimal worthy buds. My perfect set up is a veg under cmh of course and flower under hps but that would be in a built room. Unfortunately I jumped the gun on lighting bc of quality and pric for them at the time so I’ve 4 gavitas but I’m open to led as well!!
I want to utilize what I have to optimally grow I know that I can by design just didn’t account for having to move so much heat. The height wa important to me. Initially I am going to reconfigure whole 4.8.10 to a veg and flower completely separate perpetual. @Poseidon I do and will be glad to share set up if using the gavita I could set up and test for links this week and be on soon yay! Oh I also have 2 mh de 100w lamps in which I intend to put these in gavita to veg under and I intend on utilizing the other two gavita as is and thanks as well as what do u think

1 Like

Cool. I would set up and run for about a week to get numbers on environmentals before throwing plants in. :wink:

1 Like

My absolute sentiments may I ask a matter of opinion as well while you’re on the line? All the heat etc from this run I intend to bump the gang to 10’ a nice one and vent like that as well as exhaust. I seen u said 2 8 in fans well would either work?
And when exhausting passive intak/active exhaust and running 2 fans do you combine both ex: one fan rated 120cfm and another the same 120 cfm so in total could you say you have. 240 cfm exhausting per min) @Poseidon

I would run two 8 inch inlines at the bottom (750cfm each) for forced induction of cool air. I would then run two 8 inch inlines up top and force exhaust outside, in another room not used, or an attic. Your space at 10x10x10 houses 1000 cubic feet. You want to exchange the air volume in a couple of minutes. I would also put monkey fans inside the tent (all four corners) for inside circulation.

Matching cfm’s is best to negate negative pressure within the tent. I have a 4x4 and run one 750 in and one 750 out. My CMH will raise the temps to 89 degrees within 3 minutes without induction and venting.

I use my passive flaps (no forced induction) with the 750cfm exhaust only on led or T5 grows…

Advanced yes but I can pick up what you putting Down. So let me pick it up double filter as well for the 8 in up too exhausting as well to clean up air but aren’t I f u pulling in at say 750 and exiting st 750 in essence it’s the same thing as running inplace going somewhere never heard of the forced induction etc so I drew a small drawing in no way should u take it serious it’s just to say I got down what u laid anything missing clue me in I am stickler for small details and moving air so fast will there even be enough time to allow cO2 to be supplemented? @Poseidon

1 Like

@Poseidon the drawing i forgot

1 Like

Nice! I am drawing up my vision… Do your Gavitas have the vented hood to allow inline cooling? If yes, are they not 6 inch??