Entering the tent during dark period of flowering?

At times I really need to go into the tent to check the temperature and humidity during the 12 hour dark period of flower. But I’m afraid to let light in on the plants. So I wait until the lights kick on to go in. Is there a way that I can go inside of my flowering tent during the 12 hour dark period without hurting anything?

1 Like

You can get a humidity and temperature reading gadget off Amazon. I use this one but there are many others as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AEQ9X9I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I love it. I also grow with my room door wide open as well as my tent door wide open.

5 Likes

I have a small led flashlight I use to look at the temp/humidity during dark time.
Never had any issues. It only takes a couple seconds to see the gauges.
Outdoor plants don’t have problems because of lightning, so just keep it short.

2 Likes

If you are using an AC infinity fan mount the control outside the tent

3 Likes

A green CFL will allow you to enter when lights are off with no issues… :+1::wink:
I do it all of the time…
They don’t seem to notice the green CFL light…
I also have a green led flash light that don’t seem to bother them… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Another suggestion for a gadget
I’m using a Govee thingie
https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Temperature-Humidity-Notification-Monitor/dp/B07Y36FWTT/ref=asc_df_B07Y36FWTT/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=385240132448&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16067065675372994533&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005523&hvtargid=pla-839052077212&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=80078690338&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=385240132448&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16067065675372994533&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005523&hvtargid=pla-839052077212

4 Likes

Ive seen this quite a few times myself. Never tested but would be my method. Also QUICKLY checking every so often wont hurt. Going in with a hi-beam flashlight 5 mins everynight halfway thru darkness is testing the fates

2 Likes

Vivo son makes a nice cheap little temp and humidity sensor that’s got a mobile thing you hang in the tent $29 on Amazon work very good I have two of them two different tents reads the outside room temp and humidity on the monitor and the temp in the tent and humidity from the probe

3 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone that has help me with your replies. I tried thanking everyone individual but when I tried. It said I just posted something saying something similar.

1 Like

Hello I have a question trying to get a response. Is it ok to let my water sit with nutrients in it?been 6 days. I made 5 gal only used 3. Also I use a gallon per plant roughly if I’m mixing a five gal jug does that mean each plant is getting what it need from the gallon of water? Sorry new to the grow world…
Hide quoted text

I use.
https://www.amazon.com/saikang-Bluetooth-Thermometer-Wireless-Hygrometer/dp/B083Y1D8WB/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Xiaomi+Smart+Temperature+and+Humidity+Sensor&qid=1626292855&sr=8-4

But DO NOT buy them from Amazon or Walmart. You can get 4 on ebay for that price. Even cheaper on Ali. I have them all over the place.

Depends on the nutrient line. I’m sure the pH has changed drastically. If you didn’t have a pump or wave maker there could be caked up nutes too.
I never mix up more than I can use in two-three days. I don’t worry about pH as much when I grow in soil. But now with hydro/coco that’s very important. Start a thread with a filled out ticket for the best help.

Or just start a grow journal. That way if you run into trouble the help will be spectacular. The more information members have, the easier they can help.

I dont use any solution that has been sitting over 24-48 hours (24 hoyrs persobally, some go longer). Only reason u could get away with it is a bubbler (bucket with airstone constantly oxygenating the solution) keeping it well mixed.

As stated above pH has a tendency to drift back to its original levels.

Chemicals also have this tendency to bind and coagulate into other chemicals. U risk pouring nonusable (possibly harmful) solutions into soil.

If u have alot leftover. Just mix less nexttime. And pour any leftovers on veggies, lawns, that stubborn rose bush that wont kick into overdrive…

1 Like

I do this with collected runoff too. Follow up with a rainwater drench to dilute the excess ppms.

1 Like

I also use the 11.99 blue tooth temp humidity monitor as Mr. Wormwood. You place the monitor in grow room at plant level, connect by blue tooth to your phone. Follow the directions, then you just go to the app on your phone. So you can sit on your couch and get your readings. I love mine

1 Like