Ending 2022 right with Gorilla Glue #4

Thank you. I was going off the SF manual for seedlings time frame. On of the seedlings oval feed leaves started to become a little yellow and used up. When I noticed that, I mixed up a light dose of feed. Hopefully I don’t mess up anything being my first tent grow coming from a Greenhouse background.

1 Like

![20230

Here’s an update. One seems to be slow on growth. Started a low dose of feed and so far no bad effects. My light still on minimum setting at about 27inch away. Alittle 2 weeks since popping through. Ended up putting a humidifier in the tent to add bump up humidity and can see abit off a difference.

2 Likes

I would drop the light to 24" to slow down the stretch and stop watering.
Wait to water again until the cups are very light if you keep them too wet the roots won’t reach out so it slows the growth way down
Start lifting the cup with 2 fingers on the edge of the cup and swaying back and forth just a tad so you can feel the weight easier, when I first water and they are that wet it takes 6-10 days before needing any more water

The yellowing of leaves may be from overwatering I looked back at your pictures and all have very wet soil which is not good. Just a tip for future grows only fill the solo halfway when starting seeds then you can bury the stem by adding more soil when starting seedlings if they stretch
Another tip start them in clear cups with the red cup on the outside so you will be able to see the roots and know when to transplant
I would also take off the dome if RH in the tent is 50 or higher
Nice setup you have should get some nice buds, if you have questions just ask and tag others like this @adaml559 we are happy to assist

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I dropped the light down to around the 24 inch mark and didn’t change the brightness. I’ve had the dome off for about a week now since the humidity is above 50% mark. This is my first tent grow so its all new to me along with doing solo cups when I’ve done rockwool cubes in the past.

Coming from a green house background, the soil is a coco perlite with alittle groundswell mixed in. I’ll be letting the cups dry out completely before next watering/light feeding. This is a whole new learning curve for me and hopefully I don’t mess up anything.

1 Like

Here’s an update on my ILGM GG4. These girls are 3 weeks old today after placing seeds in solo cups. I have the light around 24 inches away, on the minimum brightness setting on my SF4000 light. Haven’t watered in a week Being my first tent grow, when should I turn the brightness up? any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

This afternoon turned the brightness up from 10% to around 15-20% I hope this was the right call. @spankyjr1 Did I make the right call on turning the brightness up on the light? I have the light around 24 inch away still. This is a brand new learning curve for me. I don’t have a meter to test. I looked in there about 4-5 hours after turning the brightness up and they looked happy.

2 Likes

Nice grow light!

It does also look to me you could could still add light.

Good luck. I myself am churning my way to a mid February harvest on my first 2 plants

1 Like

Sure turn it up a little just watch for any bad reactions you could always change back if the plants have any problems.

You can download a free app for checking the light levels I use the free Photon app to get PPFD and convert it to DLI
I heard they are charging a small fee (mine was $5 when I signed up) for lifetime measuring instead of just a few times use
Smoke em if you got em

1 Like

@VirginiaGrowBoy I turned it up to about 10-15% when it was it was the lowest setting possible for a couple weeks since picking the light up for a steal. Thank you for the luck. I’m going to need it for my first tent grow. Good luck on your harvest in February.

@spankyjr1 I turned it up a little yesterday afternoon and so far so good. I don’t wanna say to much and have it come back on me.
I’ll look into on getting a Photon app. Being an android user, there’s only a few to pick from. When it comes to this stage, what numbers roughly should I be looking for. I’ve always done greenhouse Photos so this is all new to me.

Hey Adam right now numbers are not that important you don’t want too much light and make it work too hard look at node spacing I try and keep mine tight at about 1/2" and you dim the light for bigger spacing (more stretch) more light less spacing
Once you transplant then start them at about 250-300 PPFD or about 18-20 DLI then increase as they grow if you see leaves curling or color changes to the top leaves back her down
You want about 1000 PPFD during the flowering stretch then after about 3 weeks drop down to 850-900
Remember this is what works for me it may be different for you depending on well everything lights nutes RH VPD air quality water quality

If you like I just started a journal if you want I can tag you over just let me know or search for spanky’s twin-turbo in grow journals

1 Like

Awesome. I do appreciate the information and its definitely going to be a learning curve to figure this out. I’ll see if i can find your post and follow along. I don’t mind if you wanna tag me in your post so I can follow your grow.

1 Like

Sorry about this I started it in another forum I don’t have one here if you’re on conclave it’s there.

1 Like

It’s all good. I’m not on conclave. I have the light today 15% up from 5% or whatever minimum is with SF4000. Looked in there a a couple times today and in my opinion, they look good and no burning. I’ll be keeping a close eye on it to make sure no other problems come up.

1 Like

I’ve been going through my head trying to plant out how to set my tent up. What does everyone do when you have to water with run off? I was debating on doing wire shelving with plant saucers under and each time I water, I pull them out to drain them. I’m going to have these females on 3 gallon totes with Kings Mix with Gh Ammor SI, Maxigrow, CALiMAG and Diamondnector nutes during veg. I still have a few weeks before transplanting into 3 gallon. I’m trying to slowly get everything together. Any information would be great.

2 Likes

I collected wire grates from stoves (brother-in-law is a scrapper so free) and put trays under to collect run off but the trays can be flimsy and spill easily so I went with larger trays with plant risers and then use a bucket buddy to suck up the run-off so there is no spillage and don’t have to move anything around it is much quicker here is a picture you can take a look
Bucket buddy goes on a 5 gallon bucket you can get from amazon or home depo
I had another issue in my smaller tent using the racks the tent has a 3" lip and when you tried to get the trays out you would spill or have to raise everything up to get trays in/out without hitting the lip so if you have a smaller tent every inch counts in height

3 Likes

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I have some wire shelving that I’ll rise up allowing room under. My tent has a lip unfortunately. Everyones first run is always a trial and error. I tried doing a search for those bucket buddy and couldn’t find them. I’ll try and look some more.

1 Like

(Amazon.com)

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ve never heard of those. I’ll check into them some more. Thanks for the information

1 Like

A little update on these 3 females. Got there new homes filled, decided to carefully transplant them last night and gave them a little food on the outside of the old solo cups. Today got 2 fans in and built my raiser for drainage. I think so far I’m doing alright and hopefully doing everything correct.

2 Likes

Looks good from here!!

1 Like