Emergency seedling transplant

Hey guys! So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with transplanting seedlings VERY early. I have a 3-day old pineapple gum Autoflower in some soil I believe is too hot due to the plant only being maybe two inches tall after 3 days. All of the seeds I’ve sprouted in the past have been way bigger than this by now so I know something is up. I used some soil that was amended with Happy Frog organic dry fertilizer, worm castings and mycorrhizae. I believe this has made the soil too hot and stunted growth. Anyone have any experience transplanting this early?? Would like to get this girl in some Plain Jane seedling mix if it won’t kill her. Thanks for the feedback in advance!

1 Like

Can you post a photo?
I think its probably fine.

1 Like

Something transplant is hard work more in autos cuz they don’t have to much time to recovery on case of soil, roots, nuted on the soil, etc that autos to sensitive

1 Like

Hey @Spiney_norman here’s a pic I just took a few minutes ago. So I was wrong, she’s only one inch! Usually by now my seedlings have at least 3in on them. What do you think about transplanting into another cup??

Yeah I have heard that @Mefis . At this point, if I can save her and get a somewhat normal grow then I’d be willing to transplant opposed to having her in this hot soil and being stunted.

That plant is fine. At that age if its taller then you dont have enough light.
Hot soil will burn and distort the seedling, but it looks perfect.
If this is what you are used to you are lacking light.

2 Likes

Nice looking seedling I think she’s fine.

1 Like

You think so?? I’ve sprouted all my seedlings under the same light. This is a shot of my last group from back in February. This is two days after popping through soil. They are a little leggy but they definitely grew faster than what this one is doing…

The top pick is from the morning and the bottom is from later that evening

You definitely need stronger lighting.
Those plants will be fine. Many of us grew plants that start like that, but stretching leggy seedlings is always insufficient light.
Are you keeping that light on 24hrs? That might help.

1 Like

@Spiney_norman Yeah I know the lighting isn’t ideal. They are barrina 6500k LEDs that are used for growing microgreens and it was just convenient at the time to use them for my seedlings… I do have of couple other blurple panels I can put her under and see if something changes but I usually wait until there are week old before doing that. I guess I’ll hold off on doing anything with this girl and see how she does. Still not convinced she’s not stunted though LOL

Just give it a bit to do its work autos play a diff roll they grow they stop they grow they stop. The stop point usually are when the root structure is spreading out within 2 weeks u will have u a nice bush as long as u keep the rh and temps in check good ph and no nutes if not needed ull b fine.

2 Likes

The 2 in 1 gallon and the 2 solo on the far right are same age. Just goofy DNA. They’re all ok

@Allinherhead that’s crazy. I’m starting to suspect I have something similar going on. This pic shows three other new Sprouts along with the pineapple gum Auto that I started this thread for. The auto (back right) sprouted on 4-19 and these others sprouted on 4-23. The only difference in these is the pineapple gum Auto was germinated in amended soil and the others just plain seedling mix. They’re all the same height now! Guess I just have a slow roller :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Theyre doing better now but still behind

1 Like

Is that happy frog soil conditioner? Cuz conditioner is to recharge your used soil not to use as normal potting soil.

No it’s Happy Frog organic dry fertilizer. Just their version of dr. Earth or down to earth dry Amendment.

That’s nuts man. Very interesting to see how different phenos act. You can be doing all of the right things and they just don’t have that umph :man_shrugging:

1 Like