EMERGENCY outdoor transplant help!

Hi, for the last week I’ve been going around here and there trying to diagnose my plant issue. After messaging several long time growers I’ve got the answer, but I need help with it. Ok, basically I was sold the wrong soil and some screwed up plant food which has left my plants clinging to life. (In South America and don’t speak Spanish Ha!) So, after some digging and being here for awhile I found a solid grow shop with someone that has knowledge. This is where I am at… Bought Top Crop soil, deeper and larger diameter mesh pots, checked my water PH going in and it’s 7.5 I realize that is high and somehow need to get it down like… now. My plants are at 4 weeks the bottom leaves are fried due to phosphorus deficiencies and now the mid section is starting to brown out. The top half of the plants look good, but I may only have a matter of a couple days before they are done. The soil to hydro method states to gently run a knife around the outer edge of the seed ball and remove it from the pot. Put it in a 5 gallon bucket filled with water at proper PH level and try and get as much of the bad soil off as possible. Then place in new home. This is where I am at and need help badly . I am going ahead with the transplant day after tomorrow morning just before the sun comes up. Going to figure out how to get the PH down and am going to hope for the best… unless I can get instruction otherwise. Thanks so much for any info!

and try and get as much of the bad soil off as possible. Then place in new home. This is where I am at and need help badly . I am going ahead with the transplant tomorrow morning just before the sun comes up and am going to hope for the best… unless I can get instruction otherwise. Thanks so much for any info!

Absolutely do not do this FFS I explained how to flush and ph most likely result of a transplant is dead plants or a wack of hermies…

The soil is not the issue if it were they never would’ve got to their current size it is a nutrient lock out most likely Phosporus and transplanting without it being needed while your plant is already showing results of excess stress would be a waste.

1 Like

Read donaldj’s reply in your original post. Leave it in the soil already in but flush with pH’ed water per his directions. Plant is already stressed right now and transplanting wouldn’t do anything good without a lower pH going in regardless.

I agree with @Donaldj, transplanting while your plant is showing excess stress would only hurt it worse, you wanna fix that problem and yes @Donaldj that’s phosphorus, and your right about soil as well

There’s a lot here, South America, unknown pests, high altitude, high (90’s) temps…

Chart for nutrient deficiency sorry hit wrong person but this will help him to

And the black in your leaves could be necrosis (foliar disease)

@djhardcut I will give you heads up in advance will take several days up to a couple weeks for your plant to fully recover and if you cut off the black as advised the plant will usually respond by cannibalising and re-purposing the energy from remainder of leaf. So don’t panic if the leafs that were effected continue to yellow after trimming off the dead tips :slight_smile:

1 Like