Emergency light problem

The dirty south…we are not allowed to share information I dont think but I’m somewhere above Florida between Mississippi and Georgia

2 Likes

U can give a state just dont give ur home address. Ive post plenty of times i live in sterling hgts mi. But u are a lil far from me lol

1 Like

Yep you’re at the top and I’m at the bottom🤣

1 Like

Well…still nothing from mars? That’s how good they are

1 Like

Did you buy on Amazon? Bad review there may get some attention.

3 Likes

Yes I did. Good idea too thanks. I looked over everything today and see nothing visually wrong with it so idk what to do

1 Like

Update day 2 finally heard back from mars and the are sending a new driver

5 Likes

Hell yeah!

1 Like

We’ll see how long it takes to get here. I did mention overnight shipping and let them know my entire crop is at risk because of this problem

3 Likes

How difficult would it be to try replacing the wiring between driver and pcb?

Relatively simple I believe. It has the water tight screw down connectors

1 Like

I would just swap out wiring and see then. Was also thinking about possibility of the board itself being grounded. That can happen when mounting screws are close to or on top of electrical trace and insulated washers aren’t used.

It does have washers in place…I had a friend look over with me and he said the pads should be completely covered with solder but aren’t…could that cause this issue?

Not sure, have a pic? All that is really required there is for the wire to be connected to that pad. A little sloppy goes to show quality of mars fixtures, but shouldn’t be a problem unless it has splatter all over the mask.

1 Like

I didn’t get any pics of the disassembly

Update from Mars 3-7 days on shipping

1 Like

So today for sh1ts and giggles I plugged the light up and to my surprise she’s burning! Something threw it in protect mode obviously but I can’t figure it out. Anywho she’s working and I have a new driver on the way. Maybe I’ll use it to diy an additional board for the tent :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I would still swap it out. I don’t mess around with wonky 120vac devices.

4 Likes

I agree. Sounds like an intermittent ground. If you have inspected components and wiring im not really sure where else to look.

So I installed the new driver 10 days ago and now this happened. This is the connector on the out put line

1 Like