Emergency backup power question

Hi gang.
Wondering what people are doing for backup power for power outages. Generators I’m sure where you can. Or UPS style supplies.
It would look awfully strange if I was running a generator in my complex.
I was thinking something like This doodad at least for if we are home and we lose power.
Just for something to keep the air moving and a light on low if needed.
My ac infinity cloudline fans draw 27w on setting 4 for the 6" and 11w on setting 2 for the 8". I can also dim one light down to 20w. that gives me roughly 2.5 hours of runtime in a pinch.

1 Like

That would definitely work. I run 3 backup batteries, 2 redundant. They’re really there for short power outages. Anything over an hour and the plants get moved outside or by a window if it’s raining. Power outages are most detrimental to hydro grows. Soil grows it’s not a big deal unless you’re scrog’d, too large to move or can’t move for secrecy.

2 Likes

I really just need one for the fan/filter to keep the smell down. Lights I can go a couple of hours but the smell builds fast.

2 Likes

good deal @BobbyDigital sounds like you got it covered. @Painfree lights are probably the least of the problem as you’ve stated. You can always put a small battery powered lantern or something in there in a pitch I guess just so the plants to think it’s end of days and stress. I agree on keeping the exhaust going that’s whats important to me also. I’ll probably pick one of these units after a little more research.

1 Like

Take your voltage (US between 108 -125V) and divide it into your Watts and that is your peak amps for 1 hour. The more amps you draw ,the less time you have . So what ever you can unplug ,humidifier ,extra fans ,cut it down to 1 light. the longer run time you have. 6" fan and filter draws about a amp ,so you have around 1 hour.

2 Likes