Eight weeks 4 days and still no amber

LSD Fem. indoor … I know the 8 week flower is just a rule … I started flushing 2 weeks ago and have the ppm down to a little over 75 from the water reading … So thats good , but , not even an amber tri or yellowing of leaves … These were taken a few minutes ago … How often should I start looking for them to change … I want a 50 , 40 , 10 % ratio for couch lock … ( Major back and neck pain from accident ) … Maybe give them 3-4 more days before checking them again , 5-7 more days ???
Snap_001 Snap_002 Snap_003 Snap_004 Snap_005 Snap_004 Snap_007 Snap_008 Snap_009

1 Like

I’m seeing a little amber, but not a lot.

2 Likes

I can see amber too and trics getting cloudy but from the naked eye it’s hard to tell. Try this I’m waiting in mine I think it’s a good investment. Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x LED Lighted Pocket Microscope Amazon.com

You mean 50% cloudy, 40% and amber and 10% clear?

Yep … Still looks like Im not close ,

I tried the carlsons … The first time some resin gets on the lens its done .They are plastic … Im using a digital micro now … Pics are a bit out of focus , my hands arent what they used to be …

1 Like

You should inspect your trichomes each day or so from here on out. My experience has been that they will starting turning, and then BAM! they are ready. I continue to be amazed at how quickly they ripen when the time comes.

I don’t really pay any attention to the trichomes until about week 8 of flower, somewhat dependent upon the specific strain. I do look at them frequently after about 3 or 4 weeks but that is just because I like looking at them. Nothing to really see early on, just sparkles.

3 Likes

When it says 8 weeks of flower that’s just a guess from the seed company’s I have only had 1-2 finish at 8 weeks it’s usually 10-12 weeks realistically

8 Likes

@bluethumb damn well I’m pretty sure some alcohol wipes would do the trick. I actually seen this digital one that hooks up to your phone. I might get that next.

Personally i would wait until i see mostly cloudy on the trichs and a few amber before even starting the flush. you may miss out on some good bud growth otherwise. some strains can take much longer and every plant is also different.

4 Likes

Thats the fist thing I tried … Rubbing alcohol with a q-tip … Since Carlson uses plastic instead of glass , it melts the lens … I ordered the , Teslong Portable Multi-Function Magnifier Camera with 10-200 Magnification IP67 Waterproof for Android, Mac and Windows PC … Amazon $40.00 free shipping … Uses the PC , tablet or phone … Stainless steel and real glass for the lens … Pictures are real clear ( as long as you have a steady hand lol ))

Clip a sample from flower and put on a white piece of paper. Then take all the pictures you want from your dining room table. (Be sure to take sample from flower) . Sample is so small you will never notice it.

FYI some plants don’t develop amber. Pain relief and couchlock has a lot to do with the cultivar grown. Amber indicates degraded THC into CBN (which is a sleepy time molecule but not maybe so good for pain).

Your plant is looking very close and you might seriously think about harvest soon.

4 Likes

also, anything hand held at more than 40x is going to be really hard to get clear. the more magnification the “faster” the image is going to travel across your screen and it’s harder to stop movement. also, the less light there is the less is going to be in focus. so, blast them with light if you can. if you have an actual microscope and you’re pulling buds off to look at stationary, you’ll be in good shape.

1 Like

I pulled all 3 girls out and steadied them … There are 2 pictures taken from different parts of each plant … I still dont see even 1 amber tri …
Snap_001 Snap_002 Snap_003 Snap_004 Snap_005 Snap_006

1 Like

My first grow was like 15-17 years ago, first and last indoor grow. I always looked for like 60-70% trichomes to cap, looking like a mushroom. You can wait for amber but i wouldn’t wait for a high percentage to amber because that means things are going down hill.

2 Likes

LSD takes forever to go even 10% amber. I grow 2 every time and it takes about 11 weeks in soil to get to 30% depending on how hard you’re hitting them with nutrients. I’m growing hydroponically this time, so I might cut that time to 9 weeks.

Pepe

2 Likes

Isn’t LSD very sativa dominant? I could be wrong because I didn’t look it up but many sativa dominants can go 12 - 14 weeks

2 Likes

It is sativa dominant.

Pepe

1 Like

It’s damn good smoke and rosin, but it takes forever to finish. I’ve hit them with an overdose of koolbloom dry just to get them to move along. I don’t like doing that. You have to flush the crap out of the plants to get the koolbloom out.

Pepe

1 Like

Some plants fail to show amber. I’ve seen it as has @Not2SureYet and others. Milky means mature and amber means degraded so you decide.

3 Likes