Eggs and Bananas and Coffee oh my

Yep, plus the bones provide calcium, hell its all in there!

3 Likes

Coffee grounds are great in compost piles in my opinion. Been using them for years and have had no side effects. I do cook my compost for over a year which is why they are good, I do not use them straight on the plant soil.Also my grounds make up very little of my 4x4x5 compost pile. Just my way.

2 Likes

@repins12, I make my own slurry out of my kitchen scraps. 5 gallon bucket with rotted scraps all blended together, smell is awful, awful but seems to do the trick. I mix it with my compost and add a 1 inch layer next to the bottom of my pot. Works great for me, other than the smell, lol.

3 Likes

Great read!! We raise alot of chickens and eat around 15 eggs a day, so very easy to save coffee grounds, egg shells, and food scraps We put everything in the compost pile during the summer worms LOVE IT. Ive never put it straight on my plants. I have a large garden ( compost/worm pile) and thatā€™s where I put everything in the winter to keep feeding soil but I donā€™t add anything to the garden after the end of Feb but compost, leaves, cardboard, shredded paper, and wood chips. Worms really like the cardboardā€¦ Lol

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been considering using the fluid from water filled tuna. As to the gnat problem, I use diatomaceous earth.

1 Like

Found a carp on side of road and put in 5gal bucket, add water and let dissolve and watered plant and it took off. To the moon Aliceā€¦

My buddy Cooper was with me 20yrs

2 Likes

The only problem I see with that is the salt % used in the process of the canning. Check the mg of salts used.

1 Like

@shady424 thank you for the like.

1 Like

I love dogs that pic is the cutest

2 Likes

@shady424 He was a character.

1 Like