Edges on leaves have a slight upwards curl, what does it mean?

Hi everyone :wave:

So ive noticed on my one plant that her leaves edges are bending upwards. Im trying to figure out what the problem is so that i can fix it.

She is otherwise a very healthy and happy plant. I dont over or under water her. She gets all the nutrients she may need, she has great super soil made specifically for cannabis.

Her nutrients are as follows:
Biobizz grow or alternating biobizz fish mix
Biobizz bloom (shes in preflower now)
Biobizz activera
Calmag every few waterings
Silica
Mosblend (microbe supplement)

So im thinking it could be heat? She is outsdoors so not sure what i could do if it is…(I live in South africa and it is mud summer)

Or wind maybe?

Any thoughts on what it could be and what i can do would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Welcome very nice ! My first thought possibly the Heat.

2 Likes

Yeah it might be, just not sure what i can do because it is outdoors haha. Cant control the heat. :smile:

2 Likes

@Alice420.
I know of a couple SA growers that use a shade cloth to help mitigate the intensity of the sun. Light still passes through but at a slightly reduced amount. They manage to pull off some very nice plants btw . :wink::+1:
Just a thought.
:v::pray:

2 Likes

So your in agreement that it is probably heat?
Its also been windy here(not crazy winds, just a constant wind for the last 2 weeks) so i was conflicted at what the problem could be. And it only seems to be this one plant out of 9…

I also thought about shade cloth but was worried i would block to much sun out.

1 Like

That one could just be a bit more sensitive to the heat than the rest.

They all look super healthy. :clap::clap:

4 Likes

Looks like heat or light stress. You could try a shade cloth during the most intense hours of sunlight. It doesn’t look like she’s suffering to much . I’ve had indoor grows that curl up like that when my lights are to intense. :v:

5 Likes

Yeah thats a good idea. Ill just cover them on our super hot days. I did have a look at the lower leaves and they seem to be fine, so it has to be the heat.

2 Likes

Yeah very happy ladies. All in preflower now so cant wait to see them flower. Got some awesome Red strains going. Blood red buds. Very exciting.

2 Likes

looking at the overall picture most of the Leafs on top of the plants are praying upward, in a way of protecting from the Heat.

2 Likes

Yeah, ill get a shade cloth going. They only recently started praying upwards. Hopefully they stay like this and dont get more heat stressed.
Never had this problem outdoors before. Guess there is a first time for everything.

2 Likes

this was a few days ago.
No pests or diseases. So otherwise healthy just the heat that is getting in the way now. Just hoping they dont get worse.

4 Likes

Looking great ! I see a lot of buds the near future. I have seen shade cloths used to cultivate ginseng and they work great.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, hopefully can sort out this problem. Will keep posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Plants are doing better. Did some feedings with kelp which seemed to help. Flowering season is now in full swing :cherry_blossom::seedling:

1 Like