Ebb's SDWC Super Silver Haze

Lol i read this and immediately started thinking about making one. I havent seen @Low 's setup for that yet but i came up with this.

SDWC
Solocup shotglass netpot, inside a modified Solocup lid, inside a 16oz Solocup.
Mini Rockwool
Arqlite Smart Gravel
Super Silver Haze ~ILGM~ Fem
12/12 seed to harvest
Fox Farm Trio + boosters+calmag+RAW silica
2/2/23 Germination

Even thought about getting a drink carrier and rigging up a 4 site rdwc with a 64oz external reservoir and growing herbs in it for shits and giggles.

11 Likes

That’s wicked bro. Have fun with it. I’ll tag you in my journal to show you where I was with mine.

3 Likes

Hell yeah bro. Ive had these mini solocups for awhile and have been wanting to do something fun with them other than playing with them like toys. Although i guess im still doing that lol.

2 Likes

Yeah buddy it’s a dope set up and should do well for you. Need support on the bottom though. Maybe a cut upside down solo to slide that one into?

2 Likes

Do you prefer the arqlite to hydroton? I’ve seen it around, and contemplated playing with it.

3 Likes

Lol already did that. Ill probably go buy a weighted drink holder of some sort or make one and stick it in that. Even with the flipped cup itll get too top heavy, but it matches the system and thats what matters at the end of the day lol.

I was wanting to do a Bonsai but even this tiny tank will be too much to keep her tiny i think.

1 Like

Keep your roots at bay and you should be fine. :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

@Graysin im using it because it was free and they sponsor Ultra-Pot. Were still testing it out tbh. I have mixed reviews. Its superior in almost everyway except moisture retention. It falls short in that dept, so feed times have to be more frequent. It doesnt form algae, is inert, is lighter than leca, made from recycled plastic, dust free, and easy to clean and reuse.

The plants seem to love it and other than the learning curve on it that caused me to lose an auto getting the feed times down its pretty solid.

3 Likes

Sounds good to me - I hated that about leca.

1 Like

Very cool Grow Bro! That should work great on the next solo cup challenge :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Looks sweet!

1 Like

@Low so i figured this would be the best route to hold my cup, keep it out of the way, and make a cool accessory to the tent. I probably just wasted 12 bucks but oh well. I can use it for my walker or wheelchair later in life.

6 Likes

Ehh, only if we start it soon. I already popped a super silver haze pp for it. I got 20 beans about a 2 years ago and lost the first one i grew to Fox Farms Sledgehammer 4 weeks into flower because i didnt understand the labeling. So theyve just been sitting in my bean box watching other girls move in and get planted.

3 Likes

Cool idea :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Got my cup holder in today. Still waiting on the SSH to pop. Will definetly be upgrading to a hardshell plastic solocup and lid because there is no way this will support the weight of a plant. Either way this makes me smile lol

5 Likes

Go to a Starbucks and get a reusable hot cup. $2 for the cup and lid, super sturdy. I use them every day even though I probably have Starbucks’ actual coffee once or twice a month

1 Like

The SSH didnt make it and never popped. So i tossed this sad looking bruce banner auto in there in 2" netpot. Probably not the best decision because i think my wool is gonna stay to wet cause i have no arqlite or leca blocking the bubbles. We will see. Since i have 2 Banners popped ill make another one if these in a bit and maybe have a new micro dwc seedling stager i can use to prep them for their big pots

2 Likes