EBB Setup and Autoflower

Hi

I’m new to the forum and growing as well, but have
started with an ebb setup and autoflower seeds

My question is in getting started with the setup.
As I understand the situation, I need to germinate
my seeds and plant them directly in my growing
media due the autoflower to avoid transplant shock

I was wondering how to start the watering schedule with
respect the newly panted seeds and also, what nutirent
level to use, if any at all initially. I’m using an
ebb system, so wondering how often to fill and drain
at first.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!
Ebb and flow schedules are different at every stage, probably not very often at first, increasing as you go into flowering.
What kind of medium will you be placing your plants in? Rockwool, coco?
Some more information is needed, and I’ll tag some others for more advice.
@Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @BobbyDigital @imSICKkid @MattyBear @peachfuzz @HappyHydroGrower

4 Likes

Planning on using Root Royale Cocolite 4x4 tent Greentree Multiflow Hydroponics System 6 buckets, 60 gallon resevoir

1 Like

What kind of light do you have?

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @Covertgrower. Im not that familiar with the ins and outs of ebb and flow. My system is strictly rdwc. I know you’ll have to top feed till roots hit the bottom of you medium. I think for only a couple of weeks.

I would have to ask @Myfriendis410 for help with the timing. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Advanced Spectrum 270w LED

1 Like

That light will work for veg, will you have a different light for flowering?

1 Like

What would you suggest?

1 Like

Horticulture lighting group makes a 550 fixture that will cover a 4x4 adequately.

1 Like

Ok I will look into it. Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. I am a soil only grower and can not help with ways of growing outside soil. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Isn’t the 550 discontinued? Look at the 600. I have 2 of them. One each in a 5x5.

2 Likes

I’m confused: is this RDWC or Ebb and Flow? The description is for a 6 station RDWC system.

2 Likes

It’s an Ebb and Flow setup

1 Like

Yeah; I looked it up. You will likely have to follow whatever recommendations they give you about flood/drain interval. It’s going to be something like once every couple of hours.

2 Likes