Ebb and flow Dwc return water issue

Ok so I bought my system. 10 5gal buckets with all the stuff. I had to add return line as they were not long enough to set the reservoir outside the tent. Now I’ve filled it and I get no water in my return lines. It’s not blocked as if I over fill the reservoir it returns water… So my question is what can I do to not over fill but not let it back flow through my pump. Or am I not using it properly? Its deep water culture ebb and flow.
Help please thanks

1 Like

Get us some pics of the system…
Ebb & flow and dwc are 2 different things , unless you have a hybrid system… :thinking:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I believe it’s a hybrid system 16130447593164409698101672691335|666x500

2 Likes

Only one picture loaded…
But that looks like ebb & flow…
Your plant’s should sit above resivor in a big tray with a return line back to resivor…
Thats the typical setup anyway…
More pics… :+1::wink:

1 Like

Just touch the line to see the other pic brother.
8 buckets along with the other part. :wink:
:v:

2 Likes

Im not sure why it didn’t load the 2nd picture. The first is the reservoir outside the tent

2 Likes

You should always leave a line between pics for them to fully load and we can zoom in better too. :grin:
:v:

1 Like

I will next time. Thanks for the advice. I can send another one of needed

2 Likes

Is that resivor as tall as plant buckets…?
Pump should only pump water to plant sights and than gravity feed back to resivor…
Resivor should be taller than plant buckets…
Air stone for each bucket…
Unless your water pump is hooked up incorrectly , I’m not sure why its not working…
Is return line traveling up hill to get back to resivor…?

1 Like

It is as tall but the lines coming in are lower. I have air stones in each bucket already. It’s possible my basement floor is not level or it slopes the other way. Since I’m trying to go back east and water usually flows east to west. Do you think it would hurt them if I left the water pump running 24 hours and just fill the reservoir more?

If I’m not mistaken , that system has an inline pump and not a pump that sits in resivor…
If thats the case , you should be able to run pump constantly without heating the water…
You might need to raise plant buckets just a little to get the water to gravity feed back to resivor…

1 Like

The water pump said I can do either. Maybe the lines are too level? Sometimes it drains out one side but not the other. If I was to move the water pump outside I just hose it out of the resivour? Thank you so much for your help too. If the company I bought it from sent instructions might have helped. Lol

1 Like