Ebb and Flow 4 Plants NL,PP,CK,JH

The plants are Northern Lights, Power Plant, Critical Kush, and Jack Herer Thats what the letters are for in the title.

This is the new grow journal for my ebb and flow, flood and drain system. I only have a 32x32x62 inch tent so space is limited. I was going to use a 2x2 flood table but they wanted to much cash for it. I could either get one for 70 bucks with free shipping or 35 with 35 dollars shipping lol. So I went with a build your own type of system. The system contains 1-17 gallon res tank (tote) the table is a 5 gallon shallow tote it is 20x30x8 I got a ebb and flow kit for 7.99 i had to drill holes in the tote they are 1 1/2 inch holes on the top and i have just a tad of gapping but it drips into the res tank. In the res tank because it will be to heavy to move in and out of the tent i installed a drain valve I got a bulkhead and the hose that connects to it is 3/4 inch with a ball valve I drilled the hole correctly for this it was 1 1/4 in then ran 6 inches of hose to the ball valve and have 10 feet of hose to be able to drain.
Price List-
4 6x6x6 Grow Blocks Rockwool 3.99 each
12 Cube Covers 17.95 (to prevent algae)
2 totes 1 at 10 and the other at 15
1 ebb and flow kit 7.99
2 hole saws 7.99 each from lowes
1 water pump the eco 132 at 16.99 (132 g/hr) (2.2 g/min)
1 1/2 inch hose at 12 inches for pump to table 1.00
1 12 foot hose to drain at 6.00
1 Ball valve 4.99

I soaked all the seeds in water over night and they all sank to the bottom. I did not use paper towels this time i went right into my rock wool plugs. I cant wait for this grow to see how the results are i have not grown this many plants before. Its very exciting for me.

!

Tags @dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 @jmorse28 @Bogleg @Nicky @raustin @monkman if i missed anyone please feel free to tag someone

12 Likes

@MattyBear I tried to edit to tag you but i was past the time allotment

1 Like

Way to go! MacGyver systems work just as good and sometimes better than expen$ive $tore bought $ystems!

9 Likes

Need to find a paper clip and turn it into a Cannabis Leaf LOL (If you watch the new MacGyver you would understand the reference) LOL

5 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag! I’m following along :wink:

3 Likes

neat stuff @Rayofsunshine. i am jealous of all who can work well with their hands and have a creative mind… good on you bud!

5 Likes

I supply cannabis to a friend of mine at my local gas station. I showed her my plant and my new system and she gave me the best compliment ever. She said that i really have the science of growing down. That my plant looked amazing. I owe all my knowledge to you guys on this forum. This was a team effort :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That was a very nice compliment @monkman. My thinking is a little different i thought i would get laughed at because i made my own flood table (i know its not true its just how i think). I am very pleased with the end result. Cant wait until those little girls peak their heads out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

my strength is “big picture” stuff, i am not that good at the nuts and bolts of follow thru but can come up with some good “right path” ideas. we all have our own strengths and weaknesses.

3 Likes

I have soaked all the seeds and all 4 cracked open and started their tap roots. Very exciting time for me lol. I have always just grown like 1 plant at a time so this is going to be very different for me. I cant wait until this system is in full effect :slight_smile:

Hey @DoobieNoobie here is your tag for this journal also.

3 Likes

Looks like a fun setup. I can’t wait to see how it works for you. :grin:

2 Likes

Proud new poppa here. The power plant is the third seed out of the pack i broke the second seed putting it into the rock wool from the paper towels so i had to start another seed that is why it is just now starting to come above ground.

What is the best Micron to use for making dry sift hash? I have 3 bags 25,73,225 Micron I used the 73 in my attempt How does microns work is it the higher the number the smaller the whole?

6 Likes

O and out of learning how to germinate seeds and having the right equipment to grow plants i started my garden plants too. Here is the picture of all the Jiffy Pellets in a black tray.

Cherry Tomatoes Big Daddy’s cucumbers green beans and peppers

2 Likes

Start of Week 1 Veg 8 Gallons of Water Nutrients at 1/4 str
16 ML Uc Roots
4 ML Veg A & B
5 ML Cal/Mag

Growing Hydro you have to start nutrients pretty early :slight_smile:

6 Likes

looks like a good start @Rayofsunshine

1 Like

Looks like they’re off to a good start. And since no one answered the lower the number the smaller the holes on those bags. 25 micron is what I would use but I’m no expert. :grin:

1 Like

am sorry bud, i am first time grower and i’m doing supersoil

1 Like

Thanks @DoobieNoobie I used the 73 this time i will check out the other bags after this grow i will have a lot more sugar leaf and larf buds since i am pushing my skills with 4 plants lol i have only done one at a time until now. So next time i plan on making bubble hash and dry sift.

2 Likes

Help me understand scrogging your plants. I have read that you weave the branches into the scrog net. Does that mean you really weave like over one and under the next piece of string in your scrog net? Or does weaving mean you just keep tucking it under the net until it get to the point you want it to reach? I have never scrog’d before and with growing 4 plants i really want to max out the tent. Also do you think i should use two scrog nets? The net i got is 15 feet long i only have a 3 foot tent lol so i will have a lot of extra netting. Thanks Guys and Gals :slight_smile:

2 Likes