Easy homemade mold and pest spray

You bet!

Castile soap, food grade potassium bicarbonate and neem oil are all non-toxic to plants, pets or humans.

In fact the potassium is good for dollar feeding during flowering - too much will cause nutrient burn on leaves.

The way I see it if a couple weeks to harvest - I’ll risk some burned up fan and sugar leaves if I can keep but rot spores at bay.

If you have pests and creepy crawlers the need oil will keep them away so don’t be afraid to add to mix if you have to go nuclear.

Having at least some useable return on all your hard work is better than nada!

Even if you have to harvest with only white hairs and clear trichomes.

You can’t worry about ideal ripeness when you have botrytis infections.

Even if you remove infected colas chances are spores are elsewhere

Good Luck!

1 Like

High,
What is the ratio of distilled water and hydrogen peroxide?
Thanks in advance
Happy growin
Ger

I don’t use water and peroxide so I don’t know.

I stick with water, Castile soap and potassium bicarbonate mix for botrytis.

28-32 oz sprayer filled with water, 1 teaspoon soap and 1 teaspoon potassium bicarbonate. Sometimes I only use a half teaspoon of soap if I’m spraying daily.

I’ve read where some have substituted sodium bicarbonate for potassium - but I haven’t tried that — or any peroxide mixes — on plants myself.

High,
Thanks
Happy growin
Ger

Around 1 cup of 3% in 5 gallons of water.

1 Like

Thanks looking back, it was so wet this summer I really got lucky ! I grew in containers.next year I’ll follow your advice and get preventative !

1 Like

Getting lots of rain and cooler weather, but the plants have a way to go, lots of small undeveloped buds. Can I top off the colas to dry and hope the rest develops.

That question is a bit over my head my friend, but I’m thinking that wouldn’t help.

I have battled thin, airy flowers and am getting better results each year.

Short term I’d probably leave alone, watch for terpi developments and plan on harvest. Even if you only have clear terps and / or lots of white hairs, salvaging some is better than none especially if more wet weather in the future. Light potency is better than all going to bud rot for sure.

Long term look at the amount of full sunlight. Need at 8 hours.

Then check air temperature levels. If the air temps get over 85-90 then little or no photosynthesis is happening - the plants are using all water during the day to stay cool. This is hard to control outdoors, but I use 40% shade screens during the super balls-out hot temps we get in summer.

Also check nutrients. I am a cheap bastard and used Miracle Gro Tomato formula for years during flowering. It’s cheap and has higher potassium for flowering stage, but that’s all I was using… After doing lots of homework, the most reasonable cost wise and easiest to use is the Fox Farms Trio you can get on Amazon. It has one blend to use all the time, one for vegetative stage and one for flowering stage.

So lots to think about for the next grow, but not many options I know of for the current grow. It seems like anything too radical could cause your plants to go hermie, but again over my head!

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback,the more I played with the autos, they started to herm, so I will harvest early

No problem!

Check the growing guides by Doc Bergman on these and other growing trouble shooting.

And definitely don’t stress any auto flower - it will cause a hermie! All I do is moderate defoliation on autos.

Live and learn and have at least something to show for the effort. If rain and or cold is in the forecast for any length of time, I’m thinking pruning wouldn’t make your situation any better.

:v:

We’ll i sprayed the plants today between rain drops with your brew and will spray the next two days during rain on and off. Weather will break Thursday to Monday so I will check plants closely as I will be out of town for that time. I’m hoping to get 2 more weeks, but Sunday will tell.

1 Like