Easy do it yourself grow bulbs

I am desperately needing help! Can someone tell me the cheapest, easiest, effective, do it yourself grow lamps for one, auto-flowering girl scout cookies extreme seed? this is my last seed due to error not on my part. I have tried reading as much as I can, but I need it to be put simply. I don’t understand how much light i need for my specific seed. PLEASE HELP!!!+

1 Like

Cheap, easy, and effective usually dont run in the same sentence lol. What kind of space are you working with. I have a great diy setup $30 maybe and it has brought my plants along well I think

2 Likes

First welcome to the community ! from what I understand you’re just wanting a light to get your seed popped and through seedling stage . seedlings don’t take much light so if you’ve got a fluorescent pigtail bulb will work fine. Or a small desk lamp that will also work. But after seedling stage you’re going to need more light. The cheapest way to grow weed is do your research and take advantage of Mother Nature outside. Hope that helps good luck

1 Like

@kellydans thats EXACTLY what I have, should I use two of the bulbs for one plant or both? @Newbiegrower251 I bought clamp lights from Ace also. Thanks everyone for the help! Would have gotten back sooner but I got locked out for 22 hrs!

1 Like

You can use one Bulb on the seedlings. Do a little research on distance I’m thinking 5 to 6 inches from plant with fluorescent bulbs.

1 Like

I am turning a small trailer closet into to my grow space… not sure of the exact measurements but I think it’s around 7ft tall by 5ft across and maybe 2-3ft wide. I would love to hear about your setup. I am trying to work with what I have for the start-up so I can focus my budget on a nice light for the flowering stage and more seeds. I should have done extensive research on growing before I purchased expensive seeds. I ended up losing 4 of the 5 seeds I ordered :roll_eyes: but I am learning… thanks for the help!

1 Like

I think cheapest options are cfls for seedlings , t5 for veg and a for flower a hid or an led. @Bamagrl sorry to hear about your struggles.im in Tennessee I might be able to help, but don’t tell anyone. People are kinda serious about the tide versus vols around here lol. But I’m stuck in the middle because I lived in Alex city on lake Martin for several years.

1 Like

@Dennis62 made a cheap closet setup that worked for a short time. He would be a good person to talk to about cheap setups that actually get results.

2 Likes

Try to come up with the money for a good light, you dont want to cheap out on it ,you will regret it and end up spending the money anyways

2 Likes

I see it him saying I need the cheapest possible bulb to grow a plant. And we both know that will end badly.

3 Likes

Yep ,that’s why I drop the hint outside is the cheapest way to grow weed ( Big Red’s free) sunshine. But if done right that’s a lot of work . Also you’re dealing with bugs, wild animals ,deer , and don’t forget the thieves. I was always lucky if I harvested half of want I put out.

3 Likes

My buddy had 12 plants outside and only two made it to harvest.

1 Like

I grow in a closet 2x4x6, cheap pots and soil but you should spend on a light that will get you through flowering, hlg 100 will be good for a 2x2 or one plant, a hlg 135 would be great. I bought 2 100s for my 2x4 space for 300 bucks and got good results. Better off getting good lighting right off the bat instead of getting something that will work, upgrade first. This is my closet with 3 plants, it basic no extras, lights, fan, extention cord, and timer.

2 Likes

@SKORPION RollTide Roll! :joy: Thank you so much for your kind words and great advice. I am all for listening to get all the knowledge I can. I have a spinal cord injury and this is a life saver. We can exchange emails if you want.

@kellydans Thank you!

1 Like

No just tell me about your setup. You said 5x7 and you need cheap lights. How many are you trying to grow.

@Tinman I am putting everything I have into a good light, thats why Im trying to use my stuff from Ace. I just nneded help with the proper number of lights for the one plant. Thank you for the help!

1 Like

@Bamagrl just to be sure it’s clear, the small bulbs being suggested are only going to get you out of the seedling stage. The more expensive suggestions are going to get you thru harvest. I have what’s lovingly called a “blurple” light and it was around $150. It’s considered subpar these days but will get the job done. I’m not sure how cheap you can go and it be worthwhile, but the folks here are awesome and will lead you the right way!

@SKORPION always nice to see a fellow volunteer about :joy:

1 Like

@Dennis62 that’s about the size I am working with but a tad smaller. I will eventually have two plants growing and I have seen a 300 that I really like that has great reviews on Amazon. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

@Vance420, I am just trying to get through the seedling stage and working with a $200 budget so far. Thank you for the help!