Eastern Ontario Outdoor Grow

Some pics from this morning before daybreak.

@Justanotherdude yes, colas the size of cola cans is the ultimate goal. I’m well under way to expect that from this lady.

You can achieve the same with being diligent and spending time with your ladies. Checking for pests, monitoring soil and leaves for signs that water is required, as well as to have a diligent feeding regime. It’s not hard, to just have to be paying attention. Like I mentioned a while back in one of my posts, I don’t try to overthink it. I just do what I feel seems right at the time. One thing to keep in mind is to be diligent once they start packing on flower, and getting dense. Outside vs inside is a whole different animal. You need to keep a keen eye out for any type of mold and get rid of it ASAP. It’s been so rainy and damp at least for me, so that is a major threat to the ladies. I had one small side branch this morning on one of the upper colas that had been compromised by an aphid I believe, and has some shitty whitish mold on the branch which I responded by removing that branch right back to that main stem.

2 Likes

:arrow_up:Good info…really like watching your grow…we will harvest together and then someday test our hard earned rewards

1 Like

@Unicron my clone this morning.

2 Likes

@Packof3

Looking healthy for sure, looks like you have the technique down. Presumably you’ll be on the lookout for phenos you appreciate and making more of them. For me this leads to all sorts of questions, like do most people clone within a single season or somehow maintain a mother plant in the off season. Presumably doesn’t work with autos. Anyways, will have to do some reading lol.

So I guess the pertinent question, is there enough time left in the season for the clones to complete? Was it taken from a mystery seed mother?

@Unicron yes mystery seed mother and did not document which one.
this was solely a test to see if I could actually get the cutting to root, which it obviously did. It will flower for sure but won’t amount to much, but I don’t really care, as it was just a test.
The plan for next years grow is to drop seeds around the start of February, and then take some cuttings off those ones in May before they go outside (if the weather is at all suitable), and get them to root. That way they should finish decent by September/October. Maybe I’ll take cuttings off those to do an indoor grow through late fall and winter. Go perpetual if the quality of this “mystery” strain is any good.

@Packof3 So presumably you did the cutting before they went into flower, if yes does it reset the clock?

@Unicron she was in a pre-flower state but reverted back to veg when I put the cutting under 18 hours of light.

@Packof3 Did you get hit with a storm last night? Any damage?

@Unicron yeah it started to rain around 10 pm. No real wind per say so that was good. Checked the ladies around 6 this morning and all good.
After a rain I always give them a good shake to get the water off them.

2 Likes

@Packof3 this rain is getting old. We got smashed yesterday also. Still rocking though

1 Like

@Justanotherdude I’d say. They look super happy chillin’ in the sun.
If every day were like today we would be set.
Happy growing!

@Justanotherdude I’m guessing you fimmed early on?

@grizZz @Dave101 @Luckyrider @Justanotherdude @Unicron @Weedmagon
check out this one top of many from up on the second last rung of a 9’ stepladder

Can someone tell me what those white hairy things are at each node site? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
should I cut those off or let them go to see what happens?:thinking:

2 Likes

here is another plant. shorter by a foot and a half but seem to have many of these whitish hairy looking thing’s.

Should I be worried? :smirk:

2 Likes

side shot to help me diagnose

2 Likes

:eyes: Looking good :+1:

@Packof3 the sarcasm is felt all the way from here :rofl::rofl::rofl: they look friggin awesome…howd you grow popcorn so big? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@Dave101 @grizZz @Justanotherdude @Luckyrider @Unicron @Weedmagon
they are all the same…heavily infected!

2 Likes

That’s so sad! You better wait a month n half and just chop em down :pensive: