Earwicker 1st grow journal

I’m back. Been pretty sick for a while. Had an electrical accident in the grow room. Discouragement actually left lights off for a few days.

Three plants are still alive. still seedlings I think maybe 5-6 leaves total, sucker leaves still there. Very stretched can’t see them holding weight but can’t bring myself to kill them. Braced the longest with a straw, moved my small fan in and turned it on little devils are quivering in the breeze. Humidifier is doing ok I guess usually in the 50s rh. sometimes 70-80s

Received Robert’s nutrients added 1/2 tsp of seedling nute to water. Need to study what to do with protecters

2 Likes

hey buddy!, great you started a journal. so happy for u, its your journal… so however you want it to be make your voice heard, don’t let something that gets written on the internet bother its often not written with the intent u think… :smiley:

trust me some of the best growers on here ‘dont’ put many photos up of their grows, if any… they are to busy helping… that’s how uncompetitive it is…

some people are competitive (I am, but generally with myself) but that isn’t really the reason to be here, everyone helps, everyone learns and everyone improves…

rh in the 50-40’s is what I am always at, when they grow a little the humidity goes up around the plants… as they get bushy…

when uploading photos your device connects to the computer, and you can import the photos to your computer, do this…

once that is done you can start a post and use the icon in the centre of the tool bar above the text box you are writing a post in… it loos like a snail with a sun in the sky, press this…

then click on the tab ‘from my device’ and next to it the browse button… :grin:

on the left it may say organise… scroll to the bottom and se if u can find photos… this will search your whole computer so it wont matter what folder u put them in… chick on this then you should see all your photos you can chose from on the right… for starters click on up to 3 photos to upload, and click open…

now this is important wait 10 seconds until text appears in the browse box then press upload…

this is important too you have to wait till the photos upload, this will depend on your internet speed and photo size… can be up to 1 minute for 4 photos…it has a % counter underneath the text box. once it reaches 100% you can press reply.

its not too hard buddy,

ill try and help as much as I can as will everyone else…

good on you bud, :+1: :wink: :grin:

5 Likes

1 Like

Don’t hurt yourselves laughing. Not sure why so many pics come out purple, I will try to add some yellow light next time. I guess these pics don’t really show how stretched they are.

The biggest one in the halfpint (?) is going to get dried a little, and then transplanted toward the end of the week. That one by far got the most water, I can see lots of roots out the bottom. I wasn’t planning on that being my best plant, more of an afterthought. Transplanting may kill it.

The top plant shows some discoloration at the tips.

Ordered two more bags of soil, be here Jan 3rd. Wondering if I can cover stretched stems with soil or perlite?, I still have lots of room in the pots.

1 Like

Dont lose hope, I think they look great, just maintain your environment and they will catch up, I am trying to get as many controllers as possible so I dont have to be in here every 5 minutes, but for now it’s what I have to do. I think your girls look good considering, and I think they have more than a fighting chance.

Transplanted the biggest and prettiest of the three today. Still not seeing what I would call vegetation yet. Switched from seedling to grow nutrients and aiming for a little runoff now.

Help?

Main girl looking a little mean and spiky starting yesterday. Also got some purple stems.

Checking symptom checker a magnesium deficiency looks a good bet. Or overwatering? Or bad ph. Is it okay to use the runoff with my Apera PH60?

Anyway, ordered a bottle of General Hydroponics Calimag and one each ph up ph down. I’ll wait til at least Monday for the next watering. Calimag and ph adjustment should get here by then. Can I mix them in the same feeding?

1 Like

Oh I guess I should provide some vitala

Tent is consistent at around 75 degrees 75% rh

EC was 100-110

PH around 5.5 yech

Tested again

Tap water = 7.79 ph -40 EC
Calibrate Ph 3.89; Ec 189
Runoff = 6.11 ph, 57 ec

I’m sure I need magnesium, wonder what the rest shows. Still gonna let it dry out; Also will maintain radio silence for a while

Damn automoderator is nagging me about multiple posts. I knew I would end up banned

Sorry kettle and all, and thanks for the replies but for some reason I can’t see your comments. Probably my fault flipped a switch

really,? that means you figured out how to put those photos up, all by yourself… :wink:

man this weed growing caper is going to be a walk in the park… :grin:

if u still cant see them id say its in a setting that looks like a wagon wheel above the text box…

but u wont see this so… :grin:

really,? that means you figured out how to put those photos up, all by yourself…kettle

I did give your comment about posting pictures a like and I am grateful

I need to read a lot more and learn how to behave, Apologies to anyone I have offended.

1 Like

haven’t offended anyone buddy, im joking around most of the time… :grin:

hows it all going?

looking good bud. :grin:

the spikey look may be a little light stress. trying to find where you said your hang height was but usually to start with the blurples they recommend around 30-36” to start. i know you’re struggling with humidity but whatever you can do to get that up… i have had to turn off my fans for the start of my winter grow, they kill the humidity. and as you said they may need a little drying out. i’ve never used peat but i understand one of its benefits is retaining water. in soil at this point you usually only need to water ever five days or so

1 Like

Thanks for the comment. 27 inches from lights to top
I’ll remember the info on watering (darn these plants are starting to grow fast) I most;y water to ass nutrients, still too much

The Cal-mag may have has a little effect. Maybe

yeah so i see your leaves turning down overall, which is either over watering or too much nitrogen. the turn up on the edges is light. typically i don’t think you need that many nutes this young, but i’m also not very familiar with your soil. i wouldn’t water just to add nutes. if the soil is still wet, there are still nutes in there for the plant to eat.

Still around. Somebody above asked me if I thought growing pot was a walk in the park. Of course not, but I did want my first grow to be kinda natural, so I could learn how cannabis behaves. So minimal interference, no LST, just let it grow.

Watered, 6.2 ph but I can’t get to a good EC, like 65 is where I am. Test runoff tomorrow or Saturday. I think I need more water and nitrogen. Temps and humidity ok.

Halfway expected flowering by now

1 Like

Pictures middle next week, don’t look very different

Wonderin if there is a contest for worst most boring grower at ILGM LMAO

By my count I am about 4 weeks in. Added a quart each to my two remaining plants, just ph corrected water and a little Bergman mold protector, no nutes. Although my EC is horrible don’t want nitroburn, Was gonna test the runoff but thing is, I don’t have any runoff. At all, But the plants don’t look underwatered according to symptom checker and other guides

But as the photo above shows, my two plants are very low and bushy. As I was lifting the leaves to get to the soil, I thought very very gently, I just snapped the stalk of one. Was the stalk fragile for lack of water or nutes? I know, I’ll jam that lady back in and call it a clone. ROFLMAO. Nah, it’s toast and I am down to a single. Thinking about germinating a couple seeds

I will look up and study clones, maybe I can save something. I really consider ILGM god-tier and if I have any questions or problems I assume the answers are in the guides or forum and I just haven’t read enough. It feels presumptuous and lazy to ask for individual help for such a casual as I.

I am so grateful to Bergman this site the contributors. Even without smoking it’s been a few months I am having a lot of fun and some craving is being satisfied. I will not give up or quit.

Things I learned here this weekend, among much other stuff

1. Autoflowers and feminized plants, being already stressed. do not make good clones

2. Fragile or brittle, inflexible stalks can be caused by too much nitrogen. Which may be related to

3. Wow have I been underwatering. I just took the advice for beginners (don’t overfeed or overwater) way too far. Got a little leaf cupping and some spotting, but really wasn’t that bad. But came across a sentence in the guides that said water to 20 percent runoff and I haven’t had any runoff for weeks. So added 3/4 gallon to my remaining plant, slowly. and we will see what happens. Tested runoff 6.01 oh 50 mv)

(I just am pretty asbergerish, and learn better reading than in conversation)

Things I don’t understand: why Apera provides so much calibration material looks like a lifetime supply

Water, all ph’ed to 6.5

1 quart saturday, 1/2 gallon sunday got a lot of runoff, skipped monday, 1/2 gal tuesday got some runoff less than sunday. Still showing signs of underwatering and maybe another deficiency gray edges on some leaves.

Plant still growing not seeing early flowers. It feels unclear here as in does “8 weeks to flower” mean beginning or end of flower ie harvest

Had been running lights 24/7 ordered a timer will go 18/6 when it arrives