Earthworm tea formula help

The point of the article was that worm castings dont add enough npk to be of any consequence.
The microbes are the important part.
They add mostly nitrogen and traces of other stuff. But the microbes unlock more than the castings contain themselves.
You can make tea or just mix them into your soil.
I usually do a tea once or twice during a grow.

3 Likes

I just been trying to come up with a good formula I have gallons of poop liquid

1 Like

lol Thanks Spiney i did not know that was article till i clicked on it

After all its a weed right?
Back in the '70 I had a grow in my backyard all i did was put fish guts a foot or so next to my plants boy what a grow up to my waist then i was ripped off

1 Like

The poop liquid that drains out of the worm bed is very concentrated and if you decide to use that worm run off you’ll want to use very little as it is concentrated and is at that point somewhat anaerobic.

I too have a worm farm and really don’t use it (Worm run off juice) much but my cup at bottom is about full.
I do use worm castings in my soil mixed in when making up the soil as well as using the castings and top dressing into top of the soil 2-3 times during the grow.
I usually just use the actual worm castings and some other things in a brew like unsulfered molasses etc if making my own.
I usually use boogie brew mix which has it all in there.

Many recipes on line and posted on this forum.
Just do a search here and you’ll find many.

Hope this helps

3 Likes

Old farming technique. Dig a hole, drop a dead fish in, cover with soil, plant on top.

1 Like

Thanks Skydiver
I will look around i was hoping to find it simple, maybe not organic is the way

1 Like

Heres a couple of pictures day 6 from sprouting is it on track ?

1 Like

Looks good to me

1 Like

Ok then good so how long should I wait before my 5gal last grow i rushed it.
Thanks for the reply Skydiver

Are you asking when to move them into the 5 gal pot?
Or when to start using teas?

The pot then when the tea. Is it safe for every water or every other table spoon to a gallon

You can pot up anytime you want.
Once the leaves reach the outside of the peat pots the roots have usually reached that area too.
Looks like you may still have some time to take a box cutter and slice some slits along the sides…lower down and the bottom too…just don’t spill out the soil…I’ve done it…lol also tear the top collar off and plant so that new soil covers the entire remaining peat pot.
Be aware that they top growth will slow considerably when up potting as the plant will concentrate on growing more roots before the top foliage takes of and grows a lot.
As far as teas you can use some now if you want but as they are so small you won’t need much at all. Maybe 1/4 of a quart if that.
You can just top dress some worm poo on top of them now.

As was said earlier the whole idea of making teas is populating the soil with good bacteria and fungi etc and that makes your soil come alive and the critters will eat and shit and that exudate (poo from critters) feed the plants.
By just top dressing the poo and watering will do that but to a much less extent.

You can use teas every watering but isn’t necessary. I usually apply my teas every 3-4 weeks.
Hope I answered your questions.

That sounds good i am going to try and copy & paste to my notes thanks

1 Like

Well I think my ph meter is not a reliable one

Here my seedlings after 6 days they look kinda small to me

1 Like

The seedlings look about right to me for the age. They are at this time using much of the energy in establishing roots. Once they have done that the topside growth will get growing.
I have one of those meters but don’t use it anymore…it worked last time I tried it testing it against this soil meter which I do use when checking a new soil mix and sporadically during the grow.

Here is a write up I did on it awhile back explaining how I use it…how it works

lol great review Skydiver. I do have a better understanding on the count of your experiences. Im happy that i dont have to by a hand full of meters. My wife said if i by anything else. Well did get the tent done. She will get over it a few months down the road lol but really now thanks agian Skydiver

1 Like

Just started a tea brew…
Posted here on another members page…

Cool kinda looks like my beer brewing lol

Im really not there yet. I don’t have that kind of experience but in time thanks ilgm for this site