Earthbox Indoor Blue Dream Auto Grow 2021-22

Yeah so that’s exactly what I ended up doing I just used a little great white and left it right in the plug. The plugs that I have are coco not Peet. To make things easier for top dressing I decided not to use the plastic cover until later on ( when the plant is 4-5 in tall) just using a little barley straw mulch for now. We’ll see how they look in the morning but as for now they’re looking pretty happy in their new home :blush:

5 Likes

I’m not an auto grower but I would think if you just cut the netting off of the plugs and drop them in your medium you should be good. You wouldn’t disrupt the roots or anything and there should not be any shock

5 Likes

Exactly what I was doing when I was using the plugs to start my plants… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Yeah this one doesn’t even have netting around it it’s just like a biodegradable paper with coco as the plug. I’ve used these before and had no issues just sticking them right in the dirt, The Roots will come right out of them no problem. I guess we’ll see but they don’t look stunted at this time I’ve only ran an auto two other times the wedding cake outside and a single gelato indoor. This is kind of an experiment I’m hoping it works out but it’s no big deal if it doesn’t I’ve got bags and bags of G13 sitting around😂

4 Likes

I think you’ll be fine. You’re technically not transplanting them, just dropping the plug in more medium.

4 Likes

So far they seem pretty happy after 24 hours, these auto flowers are pretty vigorous pretty noticeable difference in growth just in one day.

Snapped these pics this morning.

6 Likes

She looks healthy :heart_eyes:
Nice color :ok_hand:

1 Like

That’s the benefit of the living soil especially since I’m on my third cycle with this box the nutrient levels are pretty balanced in there should be a pretty easy grow​:pray::grin:

3 Likes

Looks like there loving it!

2 Likes

off to a great start

3 Likes

Thank you my friend have a great weekend!! :potted_plant::grin::potted_plant::grin::pray::grin::heart:

2 Likes

So I decided to do an extremely mild mix of green aminos from pride lands and some pure silica from build a soil literally just a pinch of each in some remineralized RO water they seemed to have really enjoy it.

Hope everyone had a great weekend :grin::100::potted_plant::potted_plant:

@ConcreteBudz @Covertgrower @AfgVet @kaptain3d @OlyBoy98503 @Naturalmedsman @Impatient

7 Likes

Looking great! Nice healthy green.

2 Likes

Looking nice and healthy.

3 Likes

I’m telling you when you grow a cover crop and then chop it up it works miracles delivering nitrogen at the right levels. You can either wait a couple weeks or plant right into it. But I usually always cover with a little bit of compost. Some of it still trying to grow LOL

4 Likes

Cannabizym I believe is a product to help break down old plants and turn them into good microbes n nutes for new crop

2 Likes

I’m using root wise microbial complete and gro kashi to help break down the vegetative material into bioavailable nutrients :grin:

2 Likes

Ohh ok :+1: awesome!

2 Likes

Okay so full disclosure the earthbox experiment with the baby autoflowers did not go quite as planned things are looking a bit better now but I believe the medium was too wet when I first put them in there. As a result they definitely grew kind of weird. I literally have not watered one time and the medium is still moist. I think from now on when I use an earthbox I will be using a fully rooted clone or photo that’s been grown to a bit bigger size so it’s ready to drink. I just bent both of them over to get some side growth. The soil also could have been a little bit too rich even though it’s all organic (3rd cycle) when they’re young they do not like it :man_shrugging:

I have a bunch of romaine lettuce starts in the back as well things are trucking along.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas holiday :christmas_tree::grin::pray::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::potted_plant::potted_plant:

@Covertgrower @AfgVet @kaptain3d @ConcreteBudz @OlyBoy98503 @Naturalmedsman @Impatient

8 Likes

Always something to learn or adjust to. Part of what makes me enjoy this hobby. Can’t wait to see them mature!

4 Likes