Earth dust and pH level lockout

I’ve heard pH doesn’t matter as much when using Earth dust. I’m currently at 6.3 and seeing rust spots and lower leaves starting to curl under(almost sure not rust fungus-nothing rubs off) so Magnesium deficiency? So is it possibly to have lockout??

The same thing happened to my last grow and ruined it

1 Like

Are you letting the water dechlorinate?

I’m using my refrigerator with a filter, not sure if it dechlorinates. I do sometimes let it sit overnight but with the cap on

I would assume it’s suppose to filter the chlorine, but sometimes filter brands just hype it up. I used hose water with an rv filter, but still just filled a bucket and let it set anyways. Chlorine will kill the bacteria. I just chopped an Earth Dust grow that had some spots and yellowing, but I think my bags were just getting really hot. In the sun. But @Storm and @MeEasy are Earth Dust growers. Maybe they can offer a little more info.

Will they pick up on this thread since you named them? Still figuring out how this posting works🤪

1 Like

Yuuuup, they sure will. Not sure when, but adding the “@” symbol before a member name, will notify that member. Hell it took me a year before figuring out how to quote text from a post! :rofl:

1 Like

Hell it’s gonna take me a year to figure out how to grow a decent plant :joy::sweat::rofl:

1 Like

Possible mag. Had it happen. A foliar calmag supplement or epsom top dress. Otherwise fungus i think. ED recommends foliar spray for calcium deficiency. Not much is needed with ED. If looks hungry top dress with more boost or a tea with 1 tblspn per gallon soil boost and sit overnight in gallon water.

4 Likes

Where’s @KPC ? He’s another Ed guy. Foliar sprays produce fast reactions, I’m just learning to lean on them more!

1 Like

Idk anything about foliar spray. I’ve had zero issues since using ed. Follow the directions is all ive had to do.

I just went thru this same issue, all are back to normal now… i did a cal/mag foliar spray for a a few days…

I had a sample of this. It worked great. But im sure any organic kind will get you back on track

2 Likes

Heres what they all looked like

1 Like

I’m just sprayed some of this on it and see what happens

2 Likes

I like your idea. How often would you spray them? I just mixed 1 1/2 tsp in gallon of water and sprayed them all over yesterday.
As far as “hungry” it looks to me #1 is hungry right? The pistils are gone and seem to have left these tiny buds compared to #2. And #3 looks like she’s almost ready to harvest :yum:
Thanks for your input, I’m not worthy :pray:

1 Like

I used the same product @TT used. I grew with ED outdoor this year. It worked well.

2 Likes

Did you spray every day? For how long?

2 Likes

When i need to spray I do it in morning every other day for a week or 2. Takes that long for organic to really show. You will know if working after a week and good results a couple. Organics are slower all around.

2 Likes

@Jerdan03 im still pretty new at this hobby… i did spray every day. Pretty much when i peeked in on them, i would give em a quick spray down… i kept a very close eye on them. They recovered that week. I did turn my lights down that week, so not to burn them, they had a cloudy week lol

2 Likes

Good deal. I only foliar cal or pest/mold control. Not a good thing to always do.

1 Like