Eart Dust and germination

Anyone use earth dust? If so are you germinating in a solo cup or directly into the soil with the earth dust?

1 Like

@Ripwater12 @MeEasy is the guru. There are a lot of us. @Storm @Beck of fthe top of my head. There are several more.

2 Likes

Me personally, I germinate in root riot cubes and move them to solo’s with Earthdust that has cooked.

2 Likes

Ok so you are putting your germinated seed into cooked soil in a solo then transferring after a while?

1 Like

I germinate starting in water, then to paper towel, then solo cup for 2-3wks. I just started using Earth Dust. @Storm sorry it took so long, but this is great stuff!!! I’ve had an growing for a month in a 5gal batch I let cook for 3wks. It will be reused and after the second use, added to another 5gal, reamended, and see if I can’t grow a monster next year in it.

2 Likes

@Borderryan22 Awesome. I’ll add you to my tag list concerning eartdust.

2 Likes

@Ripwater12 I forgot the earlier steps. Soak in water, wet paper towel next. Root riot cubes after that and when roots poke through solo cups. Going to change it up this next germination.

Thank @Borderryan22 I forgot the earlier steps since I have cloning on the brain.

3 Likes

My method is close to Ms @JaneQP … I soak my seeds in water peroxide mix for 24 hours put them in rapid rooters inside of a super sprouter 5-10 days later they go straight into their forever pots

This is their most recent picture … just to show em off :laughing:

Come visit my diary, it’s nearly the last 2 years of my growroom, all grown in Earth Dust , plus a lot of us bs’ing along the way. You are welcome to check everything out, join in the bs’ing, and ask any questions you might have I or one one of the great folks will either have the answer or will help you find one :grinning: click on Homer then click my featured topic on the pop up and you will be magically teleported over… good luck :+1:

1 Like

Just a bit. It’s good BBS’ing too

1 Like

Does anyone add perlite to their soil when using earth dust? If so how much?

1 Like

I always use perlite, here’s :point_down: something I wrote down awhile back

:point_down: copy paste from my notes :point_down:

This :point_down: is my recipe for photos I would subtract 5 tbs of base from these for my autos because they don’t veg as long.

7 gallon pots
New soil 4 cups of perlite… 14 tablespoons earth dust base…
Used soil 6 cups of perlite… 2 cups of new soil… 30 tbs dust base

5 g pots
New soil 2 cups perlite… 10tbs dust base
Used soil 4 cups perlite… 2 cups new soil… 22tbs dust base