Early harvest to avoid weather? Help!

Hello all, I’m a first time outdoor grower. My gals are finishing week 7 of their 12/12 flowering period, both varieties I’m growing call for 8-9 weeks. My trichromes are cloudy to clear with no amber. The pistils are plump and there are little to no white stigmas. My set up allows for me to cover my plants at night to keep them warm and dry during our nightly freezing temps. We’re expecting 3 or more days of snow starting this Sunday. Should I harvest one to two weeks early or keep my ladies covered during the three days of snow and sleet to try to get the remaining one to two weeks out of them for a full 9 week flower? Any advice is appreciated! The picture is from before preflower.

image|666x500

1 Like

Welcome 2 the community. From the tag pictured u have they look young . I would say continue doing what u doing 2 make sure they survive. Hopefully in 1 week it’s fully cloudy

2 Likes

The picture is from over two months ago, I was trying to show the set up.

1 Like

These are more recent, last week

1 Like

Really beautiful. Love that color she has some foxtail. Maybe in a few days she will be fully clouded and you can harvest her. You can also do selective harvesting where ever you see fully clouded before the storm if u have some time.

2 Likes

Thank you for the compliment and thanks for the advice. You said some “foxtail” I’m not sure what that means. There are five plants there. The three in the back are California Dream, the two in front are zkittlez.

1 Like

Thats a great line up.

She got some foxtail u can c her bud kinda start curling in

Edit.Foxtailing buds look a bit different from traditional buds because the calyces grow on top of each other to form spires.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for the lesson. I appreciate you.

1 Like

You did great job. Get ready 4 trim jail hope u got help. Also if you haven’t learned or heard a good bud wash would be beneficial 4 sure since it’s outside

2 Likes

Can you point me in the direction of what a bud wash is?

1 Like

Not a problem at all. I personally use 2 buckets 1 for the wash and 1 for rinsing.

1 cup of 3% peroxide to 1 gallon of water in 1 :bucket:

Water on the next :bucket: rinse it off.

This from my journal. So you don’t have 2 look 4 it.

2 Likes

All great advice @SilvaBack203 gave you! Another option you could do since you said you can cover them, if you have the option to put a space heater in there when covered could possibly allow you to keep them out until ready, but that depends on the temp it can keep them at. Also you will want to keep an eye on the humidty if adding the heater.

1 Like

:pray::pray: thank u sir. Got love this forum

1 Like

Had to pull the trigger, I wanted another two weeks or so but Mother Nature said no.

:ok_hand::ok_hand::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like