Early harvest or a week without water?

My first grow, single plant bubble gum PF from ILGM.

Got some away time coming up and Ill be gone for about a week. Should be about 8-9 weeks into flower at that point but its been a really slow grow and I expect it will need more time. I might get lucky and have it ready for harvest, but I want to have a plan.

Any way to speed it up? Temps are low 70s, would it move along quicker if I raised it up?

Am I better off harvesting early or should I let it go and see what she looks like when I get back. I’m not really sure what the better option is here. As I said earlier first grow ever, would be a bummer to have a total loss after all this time.

1 Like

Lot of variables, have a picture now, and how long do you have to decide?

4 Likes

Plenty of time, ~6 weeks or so. I may be anxious over nothing. Just want to have a plan.

Pics, yes, soon as I figure out how to disable all the GPS info :wink:

2 Likes

I believe that metadata gets stripped out of photos by the site.

2 Likes

Correct.

I would like to see pics too.

2 Likes

Ok, a little embarrassing. It’s my very first grow. This won’t compare well. I’m aware of a few newbie problems I had along the way, I think I have mended them. Any feedback is welcome though. To get back on topic though, pics.

This is day 13 into a 11/13 light cycle.

4 Likes

@Quacksy welcome to the community
I just can said patients is the key you had a long way to go
You are in week 2 o 3 of flowering

For future check thricomes and them if you see them how you like you should let a week without water so dry process can be short

Water nice and solid…bolt and have fun. I do it all the time. Longest was 10 days this year. I worry about lights and fan more than anything else when gone.

3 Likes

Is this 11 light and 13 dark? Light schedule will impact how quickly they mature.

1 Like

Yes 11 light. I thought these were auto flowers and after 10-11 weeks I realized they were not, so I flipped it to 11 light 13 dark.

I think it’s starting to flower (right?) Should I change the schedule?

1 Like

You may reduce a week+ off of flowering time but you will sacrifice yield if left on 11/13. You can adjust back to a 12/12 without problem. most plants go a little longer than breeder estimates and leaving it for about a week should be fine at that point as long as watered thoroughly before you leave.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Fun seeing what they did while gone.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll move it back to 12/12. Was not sure it was a safe move.

2 Likes

Starting to look like something.
20220201_11_17_40

Another question for you. The smell inside my tent is pretty mild. Outside the tent, even milder. I would say it has the scent of charcoal, from the filter more than anything else.

At one point the smell was quite pungent, but I believe the humidity was too high and the filter lost effectiveness. I now have my humidity between 40-50%.

I also may have had the filter fan on too high, I dialed that down since I have only one plant. Seems the plant is still happy, so I think circulation is ok too.

Should I be worried about this or have I just dialed in my fan speed and humidity… Or am I going nose blind?