Early Harvest? confused

I just finished week 6 of flower (started 7 today) and my Durban posion seems to have mostly orange pistils and just viewed trichomes through jewler’s loupe and seeing cloudy and amber trichomes…I’m confused because I thought the flowering time stated for maturity was 9 weeks…Should I continue until week 9 or ? This is my first grow any info would be greatly appreciated ! Just worried because I dont want to rush it but I really want a clear non Couch lock grow …

1 Like

Can you share a pic thru the loupe of the trichs? And a close up overall pic. And welcome to the community!:+1::v:

2 Likes

Usually you’ll see solid white before amber. Are the amber on the pistils only?

Thanks for the welcome Kdawg :v: and response. The pistils def started white at first and grew into the amber color in time. I will try and get some pics updated later and hoping I can get a decent shot through the loupe !

1 Like

I haven’t grown Durban yet so I’m not familiar with it. Generally speaking if you dont want to lean towards couch lock you’ll want to harvest when about 95% of the pistils are brown. You’ll see amber trichs on the pistils if the trichs on the bud itself are turning amber that’s a different story.

1 Like

I just had a Durban Poison harvest in August. 8 weeks flowering. I usually add co2, but the levels in my basement were around 800-900 this I have had 3 other harvests with DP. Different phenos each time. Keep an eye on it. I had a Super Lemon Haze go at 7 weeks.
Now I am at 6 weeks with SLH and SSilverH. Gassed til the 5th week.The SLH looks ready. So much That I started to flush today. I don’t have a real flat canopy, so we clip a bud here and there for testing. Testing the SSH in progress( broke a branch, haha) Happy growing.

2 Likes

Interesting… Thanks a lot for all the input. I am flushing now and hoping for the best. The main 4 topped colas nearest to the LED looks 90 percent all orange / brown pistils. The lower buds still have a few white hairs not much…I’m trying my best to view the trichomes with the loupe and see amber and cloudy colors but this is my first time and I’m far from knowing for sure. Just don’t want to harvest too late or early ,also not much of a smell but very sticky and almost smells of citrus …maybe its just the carbon filter doing its job…??

1 Like