Early development of flowers

Growing White Widow. Plants are less than 1 month since germination and PISTLES are developing along with a calyx at almost every node. Plants are 5-6 inches tall with 6-8 nodes per plant. I’ve grown White Widow before and they all reached at least 2.5 feet before initiation of bud development. Plus I am striving for maximum bud development.

Photoperiod was 16/8 with.a HPS light.

Switched to fluorescent light and a 24/0 photoperiod.

Should I remove the pistles?
What else can I do?

1 Like

Are you sure they aren’t autoflowers?

2 Likes

Are they auto or photo seeds? Why only 16/8?

I’d put the HPS back in and run 24/0 for a couple days, then switch to 18/6.

@harsu I had the same thing happen to me. I didnt realize I had auto white widows and 28 days into the grow they started flowering.

I did not order auto. They are feminized.

2 Likes

They are photo seeds. I’ve put them on 24/0, so we’ll see. Thanks for replying.

1 Like

They are supposed to be feminized but not auto.

1 Like

It sure sounds like an auto seed. The three autos I have now flowered very quickly like yours, and my harvest will suffer big time. I am just working for quality now. I want an auto that will veg for 50-60- days before it switches…

Thank you for your input.

Are they ILGM seeds? On your order does it same they are feminized?

1 Like

They are ILGM seeds and are feminized. Order says feminized.

2 Likes

Well, I’m stymied. Maybe @latewood has an idea.

1 Like

Definitely don’t remove pistols
I believe it the 16-8 that is causing you to flower early if they aren’t not autos as you stated
I found that when i use times under 16 hour light my plant started to show signs of flowering as soon as they where mature enough to do so
I suggest you put them under 18-6 not 24 hr
all plants need there rest at 18-6 they stop flowering and revert back to veg it will add a few weekes onto you total grow times fyi @harsu

1 Like

As @Countryboyjvd1971 stated don’t remove the pistils, it could affect your yield.

I think I read somewhere on a thread here, I believe it was something like an 18/6 light cycle will flower in about 5-5.5 months a 16/8 light cycle will flower in about 4-4.5 months, and 14/10 will flower in 3-3.5 along with 12/12 flowering in about 2-2.5 months.

Could be an auto flower mistake! Just guessing though.
If I was you I would just run with it! Who would complain about an early harvest!

1 Like