Eagles’ 🦅 Nest

Ahhh another thing. Most the good coco Jacks users here begin full strength Jacks feeds VERY early.

@Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @merlin44(i think) @imSICKkid

Pretty sure every one of them starts the seeds in a lightly presoaked (300-400 ppm) medium. So they are eating good from the seed

5 Likes

Yeah I was wondering if I could get away with earlier feeding before soil is depleted because of that fact. Maybe I’ll push the envelope with banner, as the most vigorous, and see what happens.

4 Likes

I have not tried Jack’s, used Roots Organics dry nutrients this grow. I start mine as @PurpNGold74 describes without issues.

4 Likes

My bad :man_mage:.

Im tryna remember the Jack’s crew. So many have switched over :joy:

6 Likes

That would be tall order for me, there are so many folks doing different things it is nearly impossible to keep straight. I think you got the others right, though.

I switched from FF Trio to the Roots Organics half way through a grow last year. This is my first grow using it from start to finish.

4 Likes

@nicky @Not2SureYet @Hellraiser @dbrn32 @MattyBear IIRC are a couple more

8 Likes

I expanded my coco bricks with full strength Jacks, around 950 ppm and planted the seeds directly into that.

This is what they looked like 5 days above ground

17 Likes

Happy little buggers! Thanks my man

6 Likes

I never use domes, never felt the need, look at my 5 day old sprouts and tell me if they need domes. Don’t believe the stories that seedlings need high humidity either, look at my hygrometer - 31 RH with a low of 25 and high of 50 but stays mostly 30-35.

16 Likes

Like Hellraiser said, i run my jacks at 850 -950 ppms from seed. Every single day. Lol this grow i havent flushed anything, and havent seen a touch a nute burn until in flower, and im really trying to push it. If for some reason the ppms get a hair high, I just do a thin feeding (500ppms or less) for maybe 2 days and it flushes it enough that i can resume normal feeds.

7 Likes

Same, coco charged w/ full strength.

7 Likes

I don’t use dome but have mine in a clear tote. I am going to have to hydrating my next brick with Jack’s. I know when I re use the coco. it has about a 50% charge in it still. And It looks like my plants start off better like that then in new coco. Thanks @Hellraiser :+1:

7 Likes

Just trying to learn. In my environment when I run with out domes to start I find my growth is stunted. Glad to hear you have success with no domes and low humidity. That is the beauty about setting up your own microclimate, you can figure out how the fauna responds best and give them what they want.

1 Like

No worries brother, you’ll find those in the dome camp and those that are not but certainly can work either way.

2 Likes

I mostly recommend domes for newer growers. With a little experience you understand how things are supposed to progress.

2 Likes

Alright day five begins with second nodes on banner and skywalker. In black widows defense she’s about a half day younger and looking very healthy. Zero stretch since yesterday’s adjustment and no burn. We in the zone baby! Haha you might laugh but I’m legit excited about this development. I was close to trashing this light and vegging with blurples like in the good old days (this summer) if I burned one more seedling. I got GREAT veg growth this summer from seed to three weeks (mostly with blurples). Haven’t been able to replicate it yet. Those jungle conditions won’t fly when I have plants in flower.
Banner

Skywalker

Widow

I’m going to drop a g13 bean today and put it in a one gallon,same soil as above, presoaked full strength jacks and great white and see what happens. Y’all have me curious. Will only briefly be mentioned here in the future I’m not trying to cloud this one up with pictures of my other plants…however you guys feel free to post pics all you want, just want it to be clear from my posts.

6 Likes

@M_rayyy pretty detailed account above.

I mixed up that full strength jacks feed for the presoak. I might cry. Brings my ph to ~6.3. never touching my ph again if I like the results. Yeah I’m that lazy.

This stuff is dirt cheap, supposedly very effective, and brings my ph to an acceptable level…pretty sweet deal!..so far.

7 Likes

Day six. Everybody looking good! In my experience with my setup we will hit second gear here on day seven and then we floor it in third at day fourteen.
Banner

Skywalker

Widow

6 Likes

They bout to kick it in high gear,. Looks great bro, very nice color

2 Likes